J626 3 Nov 06 Arcadia

kazover40

Hi anyone else out there travelling on this cruise?

Our names are Karen & Ron Hargreaves 50 & 63 respectively from the Isle of Man. We are flying out of Gatwick!

All this talk of lots of old folk on Arcadia makes me think we will feel well at home lol Must remember to pack my knitting and hubby's carpet slippers lol:D

• 3 weeks later...

Our names are Karen & Ron Hargreaves 50 & 63 respectively from the Isle of Man. We are flying out of Gatwick!

All this talk of lots of old folk on Arcadia makes me think we will feel well at home lol Must remember to pack my knitting and hubby's carpet slippers lol :D

hello there we re also on j626 from gatwick so you never know we might bump into you we re deb and rob from kent im 46 and my poor suffering hubby is 57 not quite ready for slippers hopefully the disco (maybe after a few rum punches lol):cool:

Hi Deb & Rob

Not long now whoooopppeeee

We leave home 2 weeks tmoz staying at the Sofitel, Gatwick overnight.

Can't wait! Haven't got the darned tickets yet so maybe we r going nowhere ha ha

look forward to meeting you both! Are you signed in on the P & O Cruise Community board? A few of us are meeting up at 11 a.m. Sat in the Crows Nest!

What a coincidence, we are going to our nieces wedding in Kent (Kennington) the saturday we get back reception in Tenterden

regards

Karen

Hi Deb & Rob

Not long now whoooopppeeee

We leave home 2 weeks tmoz staying at the Sofitel, Gatwick overnight.

Can't wait! Haven't got the darned tickets yet so maybe we r going nowhere ha ha

look forward to meeting you both! Are you signed in on the P & O Cruise Community board? A few of us are meeting up at 11 a.m. Sat in the Crows Nest!

What a coincidence, we are going to our nieces wedding in Kent (Kennington) the saturday we get back reception in Tenterden

regards

Karen

Hi,

You will love the Sofitel, we will be staying there again in 3 weeks

Ian :D

Hi

Hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread!

We are on the J629 Arcadia cruise on the 15th Dec. I am looking at staying at the Sofitel the night before as it is linked to the airport.I notice it says on their website you can take advantage of being able to check in for your flight the evening before.We are flying with Thomas cook and it says their check in is open from 16.00 to 22.00 so hopefully we can check in for our flight then go to the hotel and just walk to the terminal the next morning and straight to the departure gate. I hope Thomas Cook offer this service on their P&O charter flights.

Please let me know your experiences when you come back. Can't wait to hear about the ship especially the Arcadian Rhodes and the spa services.

Have a great cruise!

Lisa

All this talk of lots of old folk on Arcadia makes me think we will feel well at home lol Must remember to pack my knitting and hubby's carpet slippers lol:D

hi there karen and ron not long now counting the hours, got stuff hanging everywhere i somehow think its going to be hard to stick to 25kgs but thats part of the fun eh.

we're in the lounge first now the flight times been changed previously being 8 oclock.We got our tickets last week in a plastic wallet we were a bit surprised at that, they must be keeping costs down lol

It was nice to find we have been given an upgrade weve allways been lucky there perhaps it was cause we booked early.

Ill try the other forum you mentioned but as you might gather not too clever on here.

Not long now ta ta for now:)

Hi

Hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread!

We are on the J629 Arcadia cruise on the 15th Dec. I am looking at staying at the Sofitel the night before as it is linked to the airport.I notice it says on their website you can take advantage of being able to check in for your flight the evening before.We are flying with Thomas cook and it says their check in is open from 16.00 to 22.00 so hopefully we can check in for our flight then go to the hotel and just walk to the terminal the next morning and straight to the departure gate. I hope Thomas Cook offer this service on their P&O charter flights.

Please let me know your experiences when you come back. Can't wait to hear about the ship especially the Arcadian Rhodes and the spa services.

Have a great cruise!

Lisa

hi lisa just to answer your question

To our knowledge you can not check in the night before as we rang thomas cook to query if you could.

Have a great cruise bye for now deb:)

hi lisa just to answer your question

To our knowledge you can not check in the night before as we rang thomas cook to query if you could.

Have a great cruise bye for now deb:)

OMG we are with Monach! I hear they are truly Naff

hi there karen and ron not long now counting the hours, got stuff hanging everywhere i somehow think its going to be hard to stick to 25kgs but thats part of the fun eh.

Someone once told me to lay out everything on the bed you intend to take then put half back in the wardrobe. It actually works, but I can't quite get the hang of putting my shoes back so I just reduce Rons lol

Also bear in mind there is a really good duty free at Barbados cruise port. for all the usual smellies drinkies etc.

Archived