Kids on Voyager

mushroom

This may have already been discussed...if so, please forgive me for asking again. This is my first time on the Regency board. I notice that there are children's programs on the Baltic cruises on the Voyager. Are there ususally lots of children on these cruises? I was sort of hoping for something geared toward adults since my own kids are grown and gone. Thanks for your input.

One thing you can be fairly certain of is that if there are children on a Regent cruise they will be well taken care of and almost never noticeable. The program is excellent and I have found on my various Regent cruises that the parents (and children) "get it" as far as behavior goes.

Also, the Baltic is one of the lesser child intensive cruises, if you know what I mean. I have cruised the Black Sea with a total of 4 children on board. This past summer the Baltic cruise just before my cruise in early August had 10 children, I believe.

I am sure others can speak of their experiences, but I think you will be fine on a Baltic cruise.

Hi Mushroom,

You should have no problem with the children on Regent ships. I have only heard of rare occurances (during a 2-for-1 cruise on the Diamond) when there have been problems with kids. The Club Mariner program takes the children to underused parts of the ship during the daytime and sometimes at night they have their own dinners.

Beth

Thank you for your reassurance. I'd hoped that this would be the case. We're looking at the longer itinerary (14 days) and figured that this would be the least likely "child intensive" cruise. Please don't assume I don't enjoy children...we have two and would dearly love to add grandchildren to the family. I appreciate your answers to my question.

Please don't assume I don't enjoy children...we have two and would dearly love to add grandchildren to the family.

Mushroom, I do understand your thoughts on children and cruising. I taught for 31 years and love children, too. When I went on vacation, I wanted to be close to children-free as possible. And I don't mean kids-sail-free!!!

Beth

Archived