How does MUTS work during the day?

Marie50

I read that some wore earphones during the day. Are the speakers something that can be heard around the deck or are earphones required and where do you plug them in. Also, can you use your own earphones or do they charge you for their's??

MUTS plays childrens movies(Willie Wonka, Madagascar) during the day as well as certain sporting events. It is very loud, however, once you move to another pool or part of the ship you do not hear it at all. I did not notice anyone wearing headphones.

Scott

Most of the ships right now still do not have the headphones. At least the Caribbean Princess didn't last month.

The sound is quite loud around the main pool where muts is located, but there are many other places to find quiet.

On the Sea Princess there were headphones in our cabins, cordless. No, you can not use your own as there is no way to plug into the system.

I have read where they will be going to this sound system soon on most of the ships. Not sure if they will be charging for the headphones or not, on the Sea they didn't but were waiting in everyones cabin.

On the Crown last week, all the movies during the day required the headphones, at night NO..Football was played aloud as well, someone told me this was a massive request? Dunno, did not bother me..

You asked at the bar at the pool where MUTS was, no charge, but they do ask for your stateroom number, not entirely sure if they charge, if you don't return them?

We went thru a couple until we found some that worked. You need to play with the antenna and such, but they worked well, lots of people in the pool even listening to the movies. We loved it..

Hope this helps

I never found MUTS to be too loud to bear. And previous poster is correct, the ship layout is so that if you move on to the next pool area, you dont even hear it. There are plenty of quiet places if that is what you are looking for. If you are worried about the volume, i personally didnt find it overwhelming.

Has anyone tried tuning in with your own MP3 player? Mine has radio capabilities, so I wasn't sure if I could pick up the sound from MUTS on my own or if I'd need the loaners.

Are you still lurking on the threads? ....... We leave Saturday will e-mail pics when we get back cuz':D

i'm so glad to hear that they no longer turn the sound off off m.u.t.s. during the day on the crown . we were on the crown 9/03/06 and i didn't understand why they turned off the sound during the day .after all there's the spa pool[no music and very few people there] , the adult only pool, and the other pool .they still played music but you had to use the head phones to enjoy the movie. they didn't even have the wizard of oz sing along. we have been on the caribean princess three times and nothing beat watching a movie in the pool or hot tub.

even the poeple walking by stop and enjoy the movie [when the sounds on.]

m.u.t.s. is a great thing even in the light of day.

Are you still lurking on the threads? ....... We leave Saturday will e-mail pics when we get back cuz':D

I'm still here! And I'll be watching for your pics - I'm down to just a smidge over 100 days before we board Crown. You can scope it all for me! :)

On our 8/7 cruise MUTS wasn't loud at all. We were up on Deck 16 & 17. The only time it was annoying is when they were having the Playstation tourn. The engine noise, tire squeals, and other car sounds. This is the only time I wished they used the mute button.

I guess pax's were complaining about the $2.50 (after our cruise) and decided to make the headphones free.

I'm kinda confused about this MUTS stuff. Personally, I look forward to hanging out on the main pool deck to be in the midst of the pool games, steel drum band, people-watching, etc. Do I understand that the main pool on my ship in April (Caribbean Princess) will have a big 'ole screen showing Willy Wonka and a blasting sound system during the daytime?? Do pool games, live bands and martini mixing exhibits stlill exist on deck or did I book the wrong ship???

Archived