Totally naive..help please with Emerald Princess

cayosusa

New to this site and fairly new to cruising. My husband and I are planning on Emerald Princess Greek Isle cruise in July '07. We are planning to book an oceanview double with balcony. My questions:

1. Didn't know you could actually PICK your cabin???? How do you do this?

2. I was reading that you shouldn't pick near elevator and watch what was above and below. Could someone please suggest a couple of cabins that we may be able to choose from....if we can choose?

3. Would be be better off picking the highest grade oceanview double with balcony, so that IF we got upgraded it would be to a mini suite with balcony? (How frequently do you get upgraded?)

4. For this Greek Isle cruise, would one side of the ship be better than the other?

Thanks so much, really appreciate any suggestions!

We had a cabin on Deck 14 near the elevators on the Caribbean Princess No problem at all being near them. Wonderful location. We were right under the buffet & could walk up one deck. We're in the same location for our Emerald Princess cruise.

Gail

Have you talked with your TA? This is really the job of a good TA and why inexperienced cruisers should strongly consider using a TA. A good TA should be able to help you pick out a cabin and explain the pluses and minuses of different cabin locations. That's why they're recieving a commision from the cruise company.

Yes you can pick out a specific cabin unless you booked with a guarantee. With a guarantee, you pick out a category level, and the cruise line assigns a cabin. Some like this, some don't. If you want to pick out your own cabin, talk to your TA and don't book a guarantee. Don't forget, the higher the catagory, the more expensive the cruise fare. As a general rule, the higher the deck, the higher the category, and the higher the fare. I don't personally like cabins on the higher decks, but prefer more mid ship decks so higher up is more a matter of preference, not neccesarily a better cabin.

Archived