Departing Air time 11:30 am??

star10

Is this ok? I'm assuming they'll let us off early enough to get to the airport on time?

What ship? What airport??

As for assuming, you are assuming wrong, LOL... they state on their website the earliest flight to book... you are responsible for booking your flights later than that... if you book earlier and miss your flight, you are SOL... just a thought. But knowing what ship, what airport, would be helpful.

What port and airport? If it's Miami, you might have a chance if you self-debark, but 11:30am is really cutting it close. If it's Port Canaveral / Orlando, you are in trouble.

If I were you, I would try to change to a later flight if possible.

Oh yeah... that info might be helpful, huh?:o

It's the Imagination... Miami.

I'll look and see if I can find a later departure just in case.

If there is no hold up with customs, and the ship arrives on time, you SHOULD be okay... now, Miami airport can get congested, security lines can be long. You would need to be there by about 10... so I would suggest doing self assist just to be on the safe side.

I haven't checked the cruiseline's suggestions lately, but they've always said not to book outbound flights prior to 1pm. You just never know what might cause delays - customs, ship late returning to port, etc. Better safe than sorry; I'd book a later flight.;)

So we are Port Canaveral / Orlando and our flight is at 12:10 pm should we do the early flight or will we be ok to do the self debark?

Tina

If I remember right its a 45-60 minute drive from Canaveral to Orlando Airport (guess it depends on who is driving, so a taxi may only take 30 min:eek: )

Also, depending on who you are flying with, date of flight etc... you could book a later flight and then bump up at the airport. We did this at Long Beach. Our flight was 12:35, but we were off the ship and at the airport by 8 am. The lady at the counter said we were to early to even get our tickets for our flight, but I asked if seats were available on the 9:35 and for $25 each (America West charges to change) we were home before our original scheduled flight took off. We have done this a few times and some airlines will charge, some wont as long as you are filling empty seats. Doesnt work well with packed and overbooked flights ofcourse.

tinaandclyde,

This past June we had a 11:35 fight out of Orlando and made it in plenty of time. Did the self assist thingy though and caught the first transfer out. If you choose this route make sure that you can handle your luggage by yourself. The DW was worn down by the time we got thru customs, was doing a bit of huffing and puffing myself. The ship had no problems and we were on our way by 8:45. Insure that you go to the desk and get the little black tags for first to debark. On the flip side I really don't know if it was worth it. There was a lot of worry in our group that we were gonna have to hustle to make everything work. Wasn't a good way to end a great vacation. Was good to be back home at 3:00 after the fight and drive though....

Archived