B.O.B. St Thomas

crbonfiber

Thanks for the info. I cant seem to contact them at all. No phone and no email. I tried the guest book thing but that does not work.

I guess its NO BOB for me.

I wonder why HAL does not offer this shore excursion??

They do not book indepentant people, they only book thru the ships. HAL will not use them because of their waiver, it states that B.O.B. wont be liable, the ships will.

We did this thru Princess, and it was a blast!

So if you go on another cruiseline, you must do B.O.B.

Our B.O.B. pics :) Here!

That sux. They have a spot on the web for on line booking but it says "coming soon" Perhaps they will take non ship people soon. Its hard to believe they dont even have a phone number or email.

I will keep trying to find a way as I dont sail until Dec 16 06

Thanks to all who have tried to help.

There is this Shore Excursion. It's not exactly a B.O.B., but I think it would be a good compromise if you can't get in touch with the BOB people.

Sea Trekking Helmet Dive

Price

Price $99

DurationApproximately 3 hours DescriptionThis is a marine odyssey and helmet walk on the floor of the Caribbean Sea. Your guide will lead you along a trail marked with a handrail, 10-18 feet below the surface of the water. You will trek around coral reefs and see abundant marine life up close. A Sea Trekking helmet keeps your face and hair dry as it provides air, weight and stability--no experience required! NotesMedical restrictions apply. Waiver release form must be signed. Minimum age is 8 with a participating parent or guardian. Minimum weight is 80 lbs.

I did it through Celebrity a few yrs ago. It was the best part of the vacation! I called the BOB folks and tried to book independently but they told me when the ships are in port, they only take bookings from the ship. I didn't tell them I was on a ship - just that I was visiting St. Thomas. They offered another day (at a much cheaper price), but obviously I couldn't take them up on their offer. It's too bad HAL doesn't offer it.

Archived