Guaranteed Rooms: How and When do you know if you get an upgrade? r/o

ecs0624

I just booked the Carnival Legend for the week of 11/8/06!! We booked a 7A guaranteed room with a balcony but obstructed view. I've never booked a guaranteed room and was curious how it worked. If we are lucky enough to get an upgrade, how or when will we find out? If we don't get the upgrade it doesn't matter to me, I'm still thrilled with what we've got. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I needed to do to be eligible for the upgrade. Thank in advance for any replies!

We found out about 6 weeks prior (about 2 weeks before receiving our docs) by ordering a gift for our room from the carnival website. We were pleasantly surprised to find out we were upgraded from an OV guarantee to a balcony on the 6th floor! Best of luck!

We found out about 6 weeks prior (about 2 weeks before receiving our docs) by ordering a gift for our room from the carnival website. We were pleasantly surprised to find out we were upgraded from an OV guarantee to a balcony on the 6th floor! Best of luck!

how long ago was that? the 'gift method' hasn't worked for a couple months now.

We found out by checking our reservation on Carnival and clicking on modify reservation. We booked a military rate, outside guaranty, and we were assigned to the Panorama deck. We asked about this room here on the CC boards. Others posted a picture-it was a room with head to head twin beds. Decided to request a change and was told we could have a room on the Riviera deck. This was not a problem for us but when the PVP came back on the line he said he put us on the Spa deck in a room with floor to ceiling room. I've never been on this deck so I'll let you know how it works out. Try the reservations method to see if your room is assigned. I'm glad I did. By the way, we were about 7 weeks out when we found out.

If you booked directly with Carnival, you can see the "modify booking" page from your reservation page on the Carnival website. If you booked through a TA, you'll need to ask them to inquire about whether you have been assigned a cabin yet.

Or wait for your documents which may tell you one of 3 things:

1. You have an assigned cabin. You will see the number on the front of your documents and you will have luggage tags for your specific deck, or

2. You have a probable cabin assignment that is not firm yet. The front of your documents will show your cabin as GUAR or TBA, but the back of the sign and sail page will have a code that includes your booking number, the date of sailing, and a cabin number. Your luggage tags will say TBA, but the odds are probably better than 9 out of 10 that this is going to be your cabin number, or

3. Both the front and back of your documents will say TBA or GUAR. Your luggage tags will be the gray TBA ones. Your cabin assignment is going to be up in the air, very likely until you get to the dock. Just relax and enjoy the fact that you will be surprised on sailing day.

I have looked daily on "my reservation" at carnival direct, but still no room assingment. I think I will call carnival direct today, can't hurt! all they can say is........I have to wait until tomarrow..........no biggie, but soooo curious to see if I got an upgrade :)

Once you get to the pier a porter will have a manifest...have him check for you and he will be able to tell you which room you are in, he will also have the appropriate luggage tags. If this happens just take an address lable from home so you don't have to do as much writing.

Once you get to the pier a porter will have a manifest...have him check for you and he will be able to tell you which room you are in, he will also have the appropriate luggage tags. If this happens just take an address lable from home so you don't have to do as much writing.

You do NOT have to get the "appropriate" luggage tags the gray tags work just fine, have all your information filled out, and you just have to ask what your cabin number is and fill that in.

Carnival has been doing this for a long time, they know how to use the gray tags when delivering luggage, in fact, I would rather have a gray tag than not, because I think they are more careful about where they go when distributing the luggage.

Two weeks ago in Miami, they did not have a set of multi colored tags, but were just handing out gray tags to anyone that needed extras, people were freaking out because they did not understand, the porters kept explaining and explaining...

You do NOT have to get the "appropriate" luggage tags the gray tags work just fine, have all your information filled out, and you just have to ask what your cabin number is and fill that in.

Carnival has been doing this for a long time, they know how to use the gray tags when delivering luggage, in fact, I would rather have a gray tag than not, because I think they are more careful about where they go when distributing the luggage.

Two weeks ago in Miami, they did not have a set of multi colored tags, but were just handing out gray tags to anyone that needed extras, people were freaking out because they did not understand, the porters kept explaining and explaining...

Thanks guys, I've often wondered this, but have never been in a situation to consider it like we are in for our upcoming December cruise.

I booked through my TA, and I emailed her yesterday to see if she knew which cabin we would be in just because I am nosey, and she told me I have to wait till I get to the pier. Boo!!! So I guess now I will wait till we get our docs and see from there.

I booked through my TA, and I emailed her yesterday to see if she knew which cabin we would be in just because I am nosey, and she told me I have to wait till I get to the pier. Boo!!! So I guess now I will wait till we get our docs and see from there.

I was told the same by my TA, however, the way she said it makes me believe she knows and just wont tell?

Is this something Carnival asks them not to do? So we wont get "upset" if it isnt what we expected?

NOT that I expect anything special, I just wanted to see where I was on the ship! I can wait, cause I love surprises...well sorta anyway! :p

Archived