Sailing from New Orleans

klugh

How for is the airport to the port? Are there taxi and where is the port?

It's a looooong way from the airport to the port. The airport is way out on the west side of the metro area; the port is right downtown, just off the French Quarter. Pre Katrina, it could easily take you an hour or two, depending on the time of day, in a car or cab. Plus big $$. There also used to be a shuttle from the airport to downtown and the Quarter (not the same thing!) I'm not sure what's up and running right now; that would seem to be a priority, but golly, the folks at FEMA are SO much smarter than me. Even if things are not up and running now, they may be by December. Things can change quick around here. If possible (evrybody now) fly in the day before your cruise. (or more - NOLA is my second favorite city in the US)

For info on transportation from the airport- http://www.flymsy.com. Click on "ground transportation" on the list in the left column. Taxis are $28 for 1-2 persons, and there is a $13 pp shuttle to the business district- not sure if it stops at the cruise terminal.

Or phone 1-866-596-2699 for more info.

The traffic can be bad but it should not take 2 hrs to get to downtown! Usually 45 mins would do it.

And yes, come a day or so early if you can- much to see and do. Most restaurants and hotels are up and running, as well as virtually all tourist attractions.

Have a good cruise!

Archived