Miracle Advice - Cat 8E, 9A or 11 for family of 4?

We are booked on the Miracle next February in a Cat 8E with the super-huge balcony (100 sq feet) - Cabin 8232. I love the balcony but am starting to worry about space in the cabin. We have 2 kids, 11 and 7. I was checking out the website today and we can upgrade to a 9A, Cabin 6279 for about $500 more or a Cat 11 midship for about $950 more.

I would love to hear from anyone who has stayed in these cabins with 4 people. What did you like, what didn't you like, did you think it was worth the cost? While I love the idea of the huge balcony, I think I would be willing to take a slightly smaller (yet still large) balcony in favor of a little more elbow room indoors.

Help me decide!!!! Thanks.

Keep the 8232. You wont be in your cabin but will be utilizing the balcony a lot (waiting for others to get done with showers, etc.)

The cabin you have is very sought after. 950 couold be your wekly spending for shor excursions.

I have stayed in an inside cabin with 5 people. We used an over the door shoe holder to keep things organized.

There is plenty of space for 4 in a balcony cabin- store luggage under the bed. Dirty clothes go into the unused suitcases. Hang up as much as possible. Two huge drawers are under the sofa for storage.

The cabin you have is very sought after. 950 couold be your weekly spending for shor excursions.

I have stayed in an inside cabin with 5 people. We used an over the door shoe holder to keep things organized.

There is plenty of space for 4 in a balcony cabin- store luggage under the bed. Dirty clothes go into the unused suitcases. Hang up as much as possible. Two huge drawers are under the sofa for storage.

The cabin you mentioned, 8232 does not hold four people so I'm assuming you mean 6232. I would stay with that cabin. On our last cruise on the Legend (sister to the Miracle) we had 7258 and friends had 8232. Both are virtually the same as yours (except they are not quad occupancy). The balcony is absolutely awesome and spoiled me forever. Our extended balcony on the next cruise is going to seem small after the last one. The kids (mine are close in age to yours) will love the balcony, especially going into and out of ports. No cabin you get is going to have a huge amount of room and I certainly wouldn't spend that much more for a cat 9 or 11. Enjoy your cruise!

We are booked on the Miracle next February in a Cat 8E with the super-huge balcony (100 sq feet) - Cabin 8232. I love the balcony but am starting to worry about space in the cabin. We have 2 kids, 11 and 7. I was checking out the website today and we can upgrade to a 9A, Cabin 6279 for about $500 more or a Cat 11 midship for about $950 more.

I would love to hear from anyone who has stayed in these cabins with 4 people. What did you like, what didn't you like, did you think it was worth the cost? While I love the idea of the huge balcony, I think I would be willing to take a slightly smaller (yet still large) balcony in favor of a little more elbow room indoors.

Help me decide!!!! Thanks.

I myself would book and plan on connecting balconies........it gives you double balcony, 2 bathrooms and the kids own space.

The very front balconies have a connecting interior rooms(perfect for the kids) so you can cut the cost down even more and have the best of both.....lower price, 2 bathrooms, kids space and they can only get to the Balcony thru your room.

The space was tight at times, but in my opinion, the little bit more room you'll get in a 9A is just not worth it. Spend that money on tours, smoothies for the kids, souvenirs, etc. The only time it may get a little crowded is when getting ready for dinner. What we usually did was my daughter and I would shower first or earlier in the day as it takes us longer to get ready, then my husband and son would take theirs later. In a crunch you could always use the showers at the spa! If your kids are anything like mine, they will only be in the cabin to change clothes and sleep. The rest of the time they wanted to be on the slide or at Camp Carnival. You can put some of your savings towards the late night out for the kids - one or two nights during the cruise the "older" kids (I believe 9-11 year olds - not quite teens) did a late night out where they were out until 3 am. This cost around $30 I think and it was one of the highlights for my son. They took the kids around the ship for a scavenger hunt, pizza, games etc. and then walked them each to their cabins and dropped them off. My son thought he was the coolest thing going after that! Also, we had friends on the last cruise who were in a Cat. 11. After seeing our cabin and balcony they said they would have chosen our room over theirs, especially for the money.

We had a quad balcony on the Glory - same size rooms - with 13 and 10 y/o boys. Only "issue" was privacy for my wife getting dressed. It was resolved by opening the bathroom door and the closet door, creating a small dressing area. Storage is NOT a problem as DW does not pack light.

The boys are now 15 & 12 and we're booked on a balcony quad on the Legend (8G). Save your $$. There's plenty of room in the Category 8 cabins.

Archived