Elation Review

fisch10

I just got back from our July 4th cruise on the Elation. We had a wonderful time. I was a little sceptical as this was our first cruise with Carnival. I must say that it exceeded our expectations. It is every bit and in my opinion better than RCCL.

It was very easy getting on and off the ship. The crew was fantastic. Food and entertainment was excellent. The ship is beautiful.

For those of you that seem to be concerned about how people dress for dinner - I can tell you that I saw very few people dressed inappropriately. No more than on RCCL.

At Progreso we went to a private resort and enjoyed their beach, open bar and facilities. Progreso was our least favorite port.

At Cozumel we spent most of the day at Paradise Beach. It is very nice.

Belize was our favorite port. It is beautiful. The people are very friendly and proud of their heritage. I would like to visit here again.

If anyone has any questions I will certainly try to help.

Thanks for the mini-review Fisch10. Have cruised the ELATION twice when it was doing the Mexican Riviera on the West coast. The Fantasy-class in general and the ELATION in particular was always my favorite.

Then along came the PRIDE this May ! ! ;) Now the Spirit-class is my favorite class. But always loved, and still do, the ELATION.

Glad to hear the ELATION is still WOWWING them crazy. :)

HI fisch10, We are booked on the Elation 7-18 cruise...what are the prices for the excursions?? would like to know what to plan to spend- we were thinking of the kodiak off road truck in Progreso (?) deep sea fishing in Cozumel...and Horseshoe reef& stingray snorkel in Belize. If you have any comments are advice I'd love to hear it!

tlwaters

We docked right at the main shopping area.It is right where Carlos n Charley's and Senor Frog's is!

I don't know the prices of the excursions you are talking about. Sorry.

They will tell you about the private resort on the bus you take from the ship. It was $25 per person. We left at 10:30 and returned about 3:00. From what I saw of Progreso - I would really recommend this. Also,They return you right back to the ship on AC buses. The hotel is very, very nice.

Let me know if I can help.

gary

Hey there,

I was on the Elation in January and did the Kodiak off-road truck excursion. It was not at all what we expected (3 single girls). We got into a big open bus and drove through town to a Flamingo preserve. Then, we went to a small private beach for a few hours and drank tequila out of coconuts (straight off the tree!). We thought we were going to get to drive the truck, but even so, it was an enjoyable afternoon. Probably not worth the 70 or so bucks they charge you though.

Ellen

If you would like a complete review of the Elation check out the review by *Aggieastrosfan*...it can be accessed at the bottom of this thread...I do have a question for the OP though...how crowded was the resort hotel/beach and what was its' name...also, did the $25.00 fee include food??...I read on another thread that it did but that CAN'T be correct...thanks

Archived