QM2 Oxford Discovery questions

ultrawriter

First I should say thank you to those who post on this forum. As a lurker for a couple of weeks I have benefited from many of the exchanges among veteran and newer travelers. I will be on the Oct. 24 eastbound cruise NY to UK on Queen Mary 2 and am collecting info. I last sailed in 1975! on QE2 same route; my two traveling companions are new to transAtlantic cruising and after this gap I suppose I could be considered new, too.

First question: I realize that the daily programmes are not available in advance of cruises, but can anyone say if the Oxford series lectures onboard are more likely to be morning or afternoon? Am trying to avoid booking spa appointment same time as one of the lectures.

Related: Are the Oxford lectures repeated or is it more likely that the three classes by David Vaisey would be given only once apiece?

Many thanks for the continuing expertise.

First question: I realize that the daily programmes are not available in advance of cruises, but can anyone say if the Oxford series lectures onboard are more likely to be morning or afternoon? Am trying to avoid booking spa appointment same time as one of the lectures.

Related: Are the Oxford lectures repeated or is it more likely that the three classes by David Vaisey would be given only once apiece?

Back in our May/June crossings this year there were roughly twice as many morning Oxford lectures as afternoon lectures. (You can get the exact ratio by reading our daily programmes at http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/*****). All the lectures are repeated at least once on the in-cabin tv.

Paul

I had just pulled out my programmes for another post. On my last crossing (actually was a RT) the Oxford Programme schedule went as follows:

Day 2: 10am (Dr. Kariann Yokota); 11:15am (Dr. Geoffrey Thomas); 11:15am (Author, John Maxtone-Graham) 1:45pm (Cosmetician Leah Kovitz); 3:00 pm (Dr. Melissa Terblanche); 3:30pm (Dr. Jane Shaw)

Day 3: 10am (Author, Sir Harold Evans); 10am (Dr. Geoffrey Thomas); 11:15am (Oxford Lecturer, Justin Webb); 11:15am (John Maxtyone-Graham); 3:30pm (Dr. Kariann Yokota); 4:30pm (Actress, Celia Imrie & Author, Fidelis Morgan)

Day 4: 10am (Justin Webb); 10am (Sir Harold Evans); 11:15am (John Maxtone-Graham); 11:15am (Dr. Jane Shaw); 1:45pm (Leah Kovitz);3:30pm (Dr. Geoffrey Thomas)

Day 5: 10am (Dr. Jane Shaw); 10am (Sir Harold Evans); 11:15am (Dr. Kariann Yokota); 11:15am (John Maxtone-Graham); 2pm (Celia Imrie & Fidelis Morgan)

Day6: 10am (Justin Webb); 11:15am (Dr. Jane Shaw); 11:15am (John Maxtone-Graham); 1:45pm (Leah Kovitz); 3:30pm (Dr. Kariann Yokota)

I did not take the time to post the topic of each speaker. But each "lecture" was different. Most were shown on the cabin TV at various times of day & night. Sorry, I can't seem to put my finger on the TV listings to let you know when they might be televised. Most were held in Illuminations; some in the Royal Court Theatre. In addition to these events on 3 mornings they held a RADA (Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts) workshop at 10am in the Queen's Room.

Archived