Palancar Beach

kala4

I was trying to find out the same thing and from what I have heard you just go down there.

There is Delila Divers there and I'v been to their web site and have not received a reply. I would like to pre book. I understand they open at 9am, if I can not reach them I am looking into other options.

With

#The Mystic Snorkeling Tour or Eagle ray

I was trying to find out the same thing and from what I have heard you just go down there.

There is Delila Divers there and I'v been to their web site and have not received a reply. I would like to pre book. I understand they open at 9am, if I can not reach them I am looking into other options.

With

#The Mystic Snorkeling Tour or Eagle ray

Hola,

Check out Paradise Beach, too. They have a boat trip to Palancar and Columbia Reef from their resort. I believe that it leaves a 12:30, last a couple of hours and cost $35 pp. Trust me, Tom runs a class act.

We snorkeled the Palancar Reef with Scuba with Alison. We took a taxi to the marina and then set out for a great four hour trip on the reef. On the way back they dropped us at the Palancar Beach Club, and after swimming and a great lunch we took a taxi back to the pier. We have used Alison on our last two cruise stops in Cozumel and have really enjoyed both trips to the Palancar Reef.

Alison says she will take snorkelers who are together with divers in their group only. She said that the guys out at palancar beach have snorkeling trips. I heard their co. was called Delila Divers but I have been unable to contact them. Alison and Paradise Tom say to just go over there. I would like contact before I travel all the way out there.

I would have gone snorkeling with Tom at Paradise But they have two black out days in Dec. and we are coming in on one of them. I understand the taxi out to palancar is $20 one way then to Paradise and then back to the dock.

It's starting to sound expensive. I think renting a jeep is cheeper. But I don't think I want the responsibilty.

It seems complicated to make this work, snorkeling ,beach and shopping.

I have not been able to figure out what to do.

Any help will be wonderful!

It's starting to sound expensive. I think renting a jeep is cheeper. But I don't think I want the responsibilty.

First, get the Cozumel map from http://www.cancunmap.com Then rent a car not a jeep. A car is less expensive and more secure, but it will have AC. I'd start by driving down to Playa Palancar, hang there for a while and then do the snorkel trip from there. After snorkeling, drive on around the island and see the East side of the island. Stop at Coconuts to drop off the t-shirt you brought for them to put up. Then head back thru town, stop at mini-golf if you have time, and return the car to the rental agency. If you still have to shop, there are plenty of shops right by the piers.

Alison says she will take snorkelers who are together with divers in their group only. She said that the guys out at palancar beach have snorkeling trips. I heard their co. was called Delila Divers but I have been unable to contact them. Alison and Paradise Tom say to just go over there. I would like contact before I travel all the way out there.

I would have gone snorkeling with Tom at Paradise But they have two black out days in Dec. and we are coming in on one of them. I understand the taxi out to palancar is $20 one way then to Paradise and then back to the dock.

Like I told you in the emails, just go there! They don't take reservations, it's really casual, they go out when there's people that want to go! They have 2 boats so they're not just going to leave them idle...they want your $30USD each to go snorkeling!:D

Also, if you're just going to Palancar and Paradise Beach, it'll be better to take cabs. It'll cost you $42USD total for the 3 cab rides and no waiting around and filling out paperwork. If you do want to explore the island a little more, then take Bruce's advice!

paradisecozumel

Tom, do you know how long the tour last?

We are not sure what time we will rent jeep and want time to explore the other side of island. BTW, we spent last time at your Paradise and had a blast!

Their tour lasts about 1.5 hours. 30 minutes of travel time and 1hr on the reefs. Make sure you stop by COCONUTS on the other side and tell the owner CUCO that I said "hi"! Glad you had a great time with us last year, have a good vacation!:)

paradisecozumel

Make sure you stop by COCONUTS on the other side and tell the owner CUCO that I said "hi"! Glad you had a great time with us last year, have a good vacation!:)

paradisecozumel

And be sure to take them a t-shirt.

Hello.

I finally feel like I am getting some good information! Up until yesterday, i couldn't decide what to do in Cozumel. We arrive in January on cruise, we have 2 kids aged 8 & 11 yrs. I came across some places that recommended Paradise beach, which I had not heard of. I originally was planning a atlantis submarine tour, & then heading to Channanuab Park. But after reading, found out this is not a good place to go becuase of all the damage the park substained especially as far as the snorkeling goes.

So then I heard about this Paradise Beach, and today have seen alot of posts commenting on it as well. I like the idea of being able to have something fun for the kids to do, the iceberg & trampoline would be right up their alley. I would still like to go snorkeling....is this possible right off the beach with the kids? Are lifejackets available? If we want to go on a snorkeling tour, would the kids be old enough,? as I see some places have age restrictions... Any idea of costs involved & can we go from Paradise beach or do we leave from elsewhere...?

Any info would be much appreciated...

Thank-you

Their tour lasts about 1.5 hours. 30 minutes of travel time and 1hr on the reefs. Make sure you stop by COCONUTS on the other side and tell the owner CUCO that I said "hi"! Glad you had a great time with us last year, have a good vacation!:)

paradisecozumel

Hello.

I would still like to go snorkeling....is this possible right off the beach with the kids? Are lifejackets available? If we want to go on a snorkeling tour, would the kids be old enough,? as I see some places have age restrictions... Any idea of costs involved & can we go from Paradise beach or do we leave from elsewhere...?

Any info would be much appreciated...

Thank-you

The kids are old enough to go on the snorkel tour and yes, it leaves from our pier at 12:30pm (CST). $35USD for adults and $25USD for kids under 12. Full snorkel equipment with inflatable vests are included.

Snorkeling from shore isn't what it used to be since the 2 hurricanes last year and even less so from any natural sand beach. If it's the kids 1st time, they'll be thrilled with the fish under the pier and other spots, but you really need to get to the reefs to see the good stuff!

paradisecozumel

Thanks for your response TOM, and quickly at that!:)

I hope I am not asking a duplicate question, I was unsure if one of the above posts was asking same question in regards to pre-booking the snorkeling, maybe it was same or maybe they were asking about different area? Does the snorkeling that leaves from Paradise Beach go to a specific reef? Id it an island or just a drop in the ocean over a reef?

Also...from my understanding, is this what we do...?

I take a cab from the ship port straight to Paradise beach? I do not have to reserve coming to Paradise beach?? And should I wish to do the snorkeling, can we reserve in advance? or do we reserve the day we are there for 12:30, or do we just show up at 12:30? What is the name of the company that offers the tours? What kind of baots do they use, ie: catamaran type boat with ladder to go into ocean for snorkeling, or a small speedboat type , where you jump in?

Does Paradise beach have lockers available? I would like to bring a camera off board the cruiseship for pictures, and a separate water camera for snorkeling. I would like to know if there is a place where we can lock up money/camera etc...while we leave for snorkel trip...

After re-reading that, looks like I am asking a million questions! Forgive me, I am a newbie to cruising & also to Cozumel area...and I like to be well informed before I make any decisions. we are visiting 6 ports on our cruise, and I am trying to balance out what we are doing on each, so I dont duplicate what we are doing. What I chose to do in Cozumel effects what i might do elsewhere...so this is why I ask so many questions :)

Thanks again!!

The kids are old enough to go on the snorkel tour and yes, it leaves from our pier at 12:30pm (CST). $35USD for adults and $25USD for kids under 12. Full snorkel equipment with inflatable vests are included.

Snorkeling from shore isn't what it used to be since the 2 hurricanes last year and even less so from any natural sand beach. If it's the kids 1st time, they'll be thrilled with the fish under the pier and other spots, but you really need to get to the reefs to see the good stuff!

paradisecozumel

• 9 months later...
Hola,

Check out Paradise Beach, too. They have a boat trip to Palancar and Columbia Reef from their resort. I believe that it leaves a 12:30, last a couple of hours and cost $35 pp. Trust me, Tom runs a class act.

Just spoke to Tom and the snorkel trips have been canceled possibly indefinably.

Archived