Docking in Peurto Limon....best place to see monkeys

cdnliving

Hi. We are first time cruisers, and first time to Costa Rica. We have two children who, if they do nothing else on this vacation, want to see monkeys -& not in captivity. Is this possible from this port? If so, how do we go about it...ie. what tour co. etc..... Thanks.....

Hi. We are first time cruisers, and first time to Costa Rica. We have two children who, if they do nothing else on this vacation, want to see monkeys -& not in captivity. Is this possible from this port? If so, how do we go about it...ie. what tour co. etc..... Thanks.....

O.K. I am not sure what cruiseline you are on(we were Princess) but most of the cruise lines have about the same excursions. On Princess one is called Eco-Tortuguero Canal boat trip. What a great excursion. You float down the river, see monkeys, sloths, alligators and all sorts of unique birds. It was one of the best excursion that I have been on. So check out your cruiseline's excursion list and find one that says Tortuguero Canal boat trip.

marilyn

• 2 weeks later...

Check out Charlie Soto...a private tour and you can actually HOLD a small monkey and a sloth (not My favorite animal but...) ...you also do the river ride, banana processing plant etc. we were very happy with this tour...okeydokeytours.com ...and we were in a van with 4 other people...much better than a huge BUS with 50!!!! In MHO! LuAnn

Archived