Summit Questions

johnb24

If you have A CC cabin you will have a more extensive menu, particularly for breakfast. That being said you can probably do a search [from the blue bar above] and get a current menu.

The spa cafe is definitely open for lunch. I usually eat lunch there when we are onboard,I like the freshly prepared food and it is generally healthier.

We have not been on the Summit yet. We are booked on her next year but we have been on four other X ships and the Sushi bar has been set up there in the afternoons so I doubt if they also have dinner.

I do breakfast in the cabin so I don't know about that, and we always eat in either the dining room of specialty restaurant so I can't help with dinner either. Sorry...

I am not sure what you mean about fees for the Persian Garden. Once again you might do another search.

Someone surely will have all of the answers for you.

The Spa cafe on the Summit was open for breakfast till 10am, and for lunch/dinner (same menu I believe) from noon to 8PM. The Sushi on the Summit is served at the rear of the Waterfall Cafe (buffet area) just inside the aft outdoor bar and seating area. Convenient for a Sushi appetizer as the guitarist is playing in the evening.

There are a couple of extra items on the CC room service breakfast menu. Frankly there were not our style so we never had them, although others here seem to enjoy them. We like traditional breakfast foods and usually eat in the Cafe area. However, in ANY room you can get the full breakfast menu served in your room during normal breakfast hours - same as lunch and dinner. You are not limited to the "hang card" items - at least not during the hours the dining room is open for a particular meal.

...The Spa Cafe was never too crowded either and you can eat outside if you wish.

Every day for lunch, at least sea days, we'd make the rounds looking at the selection at the spa cafe, burger grill (usually had a special there too), buffet line, the sandwich bar at the back of the buffet, and also considered the pizza, pasta and salad sections. We'd then split up and get what we wanted and generally meet at the aft outside seating in back of the buffet/cafe area - or at the tables near the pool grill. We like eating outside and there is no reason why you need to eat near any one of these places.

You can always eat any room service on your balcony if you wish.

Room service is inconsistent as to whether they bring a table cloth to "set" the balcony table for you, or if you just have to have them set the room service tray down on the balcony - but as long as it's not raining....

The buffet area, actually called "Waterfall Cafe", has a "casual" dinner which is a sit down affair in one corner. Reservations are needed and there is a $2/pp service charge. You have a waiter and order from a menu.

In the evenings they also have the pizza station, pasta station, maybe salad area (not sure), and at times a sushi bar, open - there you serve yourself and grab an open table on your own. Seating is in a different area of the cafe from the casual sit down dinner.

You don't have to order off the room service menu. You can go read the dinner menu outside the door of the main dining room and order anything from it to be delivered to your room in the evening. I liked ordering coffee to be delivered to my room in the morning so I could sit on my balcony enjoying the view. I also liked going to the main dining room for breakfast where they would randomly seat you at tables so you could chat with other people on the cruise.

Can't remember how much we paid to use theh Persian Gardens but there were a couple of different type of showers and 3 steam rooms. One was just like a regular steam room , the Sahara room was less steamy but nor dry like a sauna and the third was a turkish style room very hot. It is quite dark in the rooms so it very relaxing with some mood music playing.

you can purchase a one day pass for the gardens to see if you like it. i plan to try that on our next cruise.

Spa food--very good. Be sure to check their small calkboard for their two daily cooked when ordered specials. I remember one day we had the most fabulous shrimp and scallop ka-bobs ( no one seemed to know they were avalable because if they did they would have ordered them, they were excellent!

We always dine at the late seating and the spa area is a great place to get a bit to hold us over

Nadine

Archived