Anyone been to St. Kitts or St. Lucia on the Miracle?

dotcruiser

Just booked for next Oct. (2007) to exotic southern on Miracle. I am so excited. We just got off the Glory last week and missed cruising. It had been several years. Now we are hooked (again) I loved St. Maarten. Beautiful place. I wanted something different. I know the Miracle is an awesome ship (my TA boasts about it) and it's a tad bit smaller then Glory. She was SO big and complicated. But had a ball anyhow.

St. Kitts and St. Lucia isn't mentioned much. I have plenty of time to investigate, but has anyone been there yet?

We got the military rate and was too good to pass up...for Oct. An 8A balcony. Perfect!

Any info welcomed.

The first sailing for those islands is at the end of January 07 on the Legend.

Carnival stopped going to St. Lucia a few years back and now is returning. We went there on the Destiny about 6 years ago and you will love it. Never have been to St. Kitts but heard wonderful things about it.

After the 1/26/07 cruise on the Legend I'm sure you will be able to find some good reviews.

Happy sailing!

Don't worry about those islands....both are fabulous.

St. Kitts is quite hilly/mountainous and rainforest. Great eco-tours here. If beach is your thing, then Frigate bay is good. There is also a fort Brimstone if you like to poke around in them. The sister island Nevis is quite neat, if the ship offers that excursion, as I wouldn't take that one with Carnival's assistance solely because of the timelines to get to and from. The shopping isn't as good as some of the islands, but the history of this smaller island is amazing and quite evident in the town square/churches, etc.

ST.Lucia is a really neat island. If you like to venture out a bit then you will enjoy this. We did the pirate ship thing here twice and ended at Pidgeon Island National park. We poked around there and came upon the "Cellar". A really neat bar set into the old fort area. The shopping at the market is very good to pick up trinkets. Lots of beaches and snorkel adventures.

Both islands are fab and I would joyfully return to both. The people were extremely polite in the dozen or so times that I have visited these islands.

Robin

Thank you, Robin. You were very helpful. It sounds beautiful and am looking forward to it. I will try to learn more about these places till then. We can't wait and I hear such good things about the Miracle. My favorite, so far is the Spirit, I think. Good size and very pretty.

We just loved St Kitts. We did the scenic railroad excursion. It was a great trip. We also have been to St Lucia, it's just beautiful. Here we did an off road trip to the rain forest and waterfall (had to hike down to the waterfall and walk across the river) lots of fun.

Archived