Carnival - I'm back and ready to sail

cuppy

Hi everyone!

First let me apologize for being gone soooooo long. My hubby and I took a Carnival cruise May 2003 and had a blast. However I started cruising on RCCL and my past 3 cruises were with them.

Well we were suppose to sail with them in November & January, but after our last cruise and a horrible experience we have cancelled with them.

I just booked the Fascination for 11/29 and we can't wait.

Any advice from past cruisers of this ship? Any links to photos?

Thanks for your help, glad to be back.

Welcome back to Carnival!!! You will not be disappointed. Would you be willing to elaborate on your horrible experience with RCCL? They used to have such a good reputation and lately I have heard a lot of negative things about the line.

Not sure if this will work or not, but this is the link to the post

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=24156

Quick overview -

Hubby got food posioning 24 hours into the cruise, asked for medical help at 3:00 a.m. and was denied, finally treated after 9:00 a.m. and got quarantined for remainder of cruise. Requested copy of medical records while on the ship and was denied, five request to RCCL and still denied, finally got them when they offered me a refund (which they later reneged on). RCCL gave us a partial refund on the ship, but I called and requested full refund to customer service. Went back & forth for several weeks, finally got a call from RCCL saying they were issuing 2 vouchers for future cruises to make up the difference. Two weeks later, they called back and said "Sorry spoke to soon, request has been made for the vouchers but it has not been approved/issued yet". They even verified with my TA.

This was my third cruise in six months and I had 2 more booked with them, cancelled the last two and booked one with Carnival and now I am looking for another cruise to take in January or possibly March.

I remember that tread also. The last time I looked it had like 300 posts. I feel you got shafted too. I think not only should they refund you for your cruise but offer you a free cruise too as it was proved your hubby along with others got sick off the escargo. You may have a lawsuit. You could check with a lawyer. If you are told you don't owe them anything unless you win the suit you can pretty well tell you have a good chance of winning as no lawyer is going to work for free.

We were still going to cruise with them for November & January and had been waiting for them to make good. Then they said they were giving me vouchers, but then called back and said they spoke to soon.

That is what made me cancel, don't make offers and take them back. I was willing to work with them and wait in good faith, but to offer and take back is wrong.

Sorry RCCL lost me as a customer.

Glad to be coming back to Carnival - had such a good time on our first cruise with them, expecting just as good a cruise if not better.:cool:

I'm so sorry...I can't imagine being stuck in a cabin for a week!!

My DH and I both had food poisoning one time after eating at a local restaurant. We wished we were dead. It was awful..and yes, the symptoms came on IMMEDIATELY!! I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy...it hits like a ton of bricks.

I know that food poisoning can happen anywhere on any cruise line, but I don't feel you were compensated enough by far and don't blame you for not going back to RCI.

I'm thrilled that you both haven't put off cruising because of that incident!!

I hope your next cruise with Carnival makes up for the horrid cruise last time.

Welcome back!!

Archived