Just returned from Star 7/4 - 7/11

jus4fun

casshew: Yes! Lets do place wagers. Luanne: Actually that thought had crossed my mind about seeing each other in port or our ships passing each other. littleboy: Thanks for sharing your photos with us!

casshew: Yes! Lets do place wagers. Luanne: Actually that thought had crossed my mind about seeing each other in port or our ships passing each other. littleboy: Thanks for sharing your photos with us!

alonzo ~ I'll make you a deal.. I will take pics of the Star as she races against us and send them to you afterwards and maybe you can take one of the Sun?

(of course all my pics will be taken from in front of you - coz I am sure we will be in the lead) :D

brunolver,

We got a few pictures of the Spirit's June 19th cruise. We were on the Star June 20th and I will look again and see how many we have. We were in Seattle early and watched the Spirit take off and then I think we took a couple in Juneau when we both were there. You won't be on the balcony waving since your were'nt on that sailing but it just might do anyway!

Luanne

Thanks, Luanne, I'd really appreciate it!

My favorite excursion was dog sledding. We were originally scheduled for Juneau, but do to weather (low clouds) the excursion was canceled. We were able to re-book (actually more excursion times were created to meet the needs of the passengers) in

SKagway. Between the viewing of glaciers prior to sitting down at the dog sled camp and the actual dog sledding, my husband and I were both speechless. If I had been told that I had to go home at that point, I would have thank everyone and went without a sound. I know the price is rather high, but the experience was well worth it. Our only regret was that our grown children and grandson could not experience it with us! We also enjoyed the salmon bake in Skagway. The "little" adventure at Liarstown was cute and fun. I spoke to several couples on our cruise who had attended the salmon bake in Juneau and from what I could gather, the Skagway excursion seemed to be better.

As far as laundry is concerned, I packed heavy, but did wear most of what I brought.

Weather was fine other than the cloudy day in Juneau. We live on the east coast and the heat and humidity drive us crazy, Alaskan weather was very much appreciated.

jusforfun: I know what you mean about the waether. I live in Texas (YEA!! ) and it is starting to get HOT!!!! casshew:The Star is one of the fastest ships in the fleet! We'll see won't we? If I'm out on deck when she passes us I will be taking pictures. I'll be in front of you of course.HA! HA!

brunolvr,

I have some pictures that I have ready to email you if you would like. They are of the Spirit. Like I said, they are June 19 and 22nd though if that makes any difference. I need your email address and I will send them to you. One of them is taken from on top of the Space Needle.

Luanne

Zimmerjulie..

Tell me about this. What did you see and when did you go?

Glad to hear the Star is putting on a good show!!!!!

MrTractor<----couldn't get the excursion he wanted, so he's looking for something unique............

brunolvr,

I have some pictures that I have ready to email you if you would like. They are of the Spirit. Like I said, they are June 19 and 22nd though if that makes any difference. I need your email address and I will send them to you. One of them is taken from on top of the Space Needle.

Luanne

Email address is brunolvr@hotmail.com

Thanks!

To answer a few of your questions, We sailed on the Star June 27-July 4, The outdoor pool is very warm. I swam in it and did not get cold at all. There is no wind until you get out and stand on deck. Just have your towel on the side of the pool and you won't even no it is cold.

Captain Larry's Whale watching was wonderful. We did the Mendenhall glacier right before. We saw so many whales and got great video. We also had wonderful views on the bus/train to the gold mining. The floatplane was great too. We loved them all for different reasons. I think they all should get an A+

We're still out there! MrT, BG, Planer's Edge and Rumncoke did a Southern last January. We are leaving for Alaska on the Star next Saturday.

BG and I are booked for another western Carib in November with some FOMTs, but are not sure if we can swing it.

Then after that we are looking at January/February on the Spirit for the 9 day or another Southern Caribbean.

What have you been up to?

MrT<-------------loves to hear from the FOMTeers

Is this all NCL?

This May I went on the QM2 "Maiden Cruise to Nowhere” for three days.

In June sailed on the Radisson Navigator (the best cruise yet) to Bermuda and Norfolk, VA. I highly recommend this ship. Everything is included (most of the booze, all tips, etc). The service is fantastic and we loved the small ship experience. I even entered the putting contest (some serious golfers on board) and came in third in a sudden death playoff!

Am sailing 8/14/04 to Bermuda again on the Celebrity Zenith for a week; October 22 (I think) the Carnival Legend for a 2 day cruise to nowhere and QM2 again November 6th for 10 days to the Caribbean. (Barbados, St. Lucia, Martinique, ST and SM) Everything RT NYC.

In 2005 the entire family (9 of us from my parents, sister, nieces and nephew and two great niece/nephew (4 and 23 months) are sailing on the Dawn (my sister and I went last year) on its usual run to Florida and the Bahamas – understand they still have the same shows we (and also you guys) saw (Webber, Bollywood, etc) and no plans to change them next year.

Jeanne

You have been a busy little cruiser, now haven't you!

We did an RCI Radiance last November, the Southern was the ship formerly known as the Norwegian Sky. This Alaska is NCL Star. The one we have booked for November is the NCL Sun and we are doing our due diligence for Jan/Feb.

I hope to do a true ultra luxury cruise some day. And believe it or not, I'm thinking I'd like to to the QE2 first. I think they will start getting her into my price range now that the QM2 is upstaging her.

Thanks and stay in touch!

MrT

So happy to see people happy with this Alaska trip I was doing some research for next June/July and the Norwegian Star looked like the right ship but all the posts about NCL were so negative i was getting worried.

Glad you all have had good experiences. Thank you for your pictures too I love looking while planning.

Archived