When is spring break?

LeslieSJ

You should be ok as you are fairly early in the spring break sessions.

College Spring Breaks run from the last week of February almost to the end of April.

You can go to this website to see when practically every college in the country had their 2006 spring break scheduled. It will also show how many thousands of students they are allowing to roam free. (when surfing this site hit the “click to continue” button to move to the next page)

http://www.tripsmarter.com/panamacity/springbreak/sbcalendar.htm

The 2007 schedule will be very simliar and will probably be published latter this fall.

You will be fine. Spring break for most school age kids is around Easter. As for college kids- last time I checked- college kids don't cruise for spring break. They can't book a room unless one of the passengers is 21 anyway.

My college age son has no plans to cruise with his Mother!

That is spring break for a lot of Dallas Fort Worth schools. My son has that week off in Plano, Tx. We did a cruise last year during spring break. We won't do that again. My son is 16 and even he did not like it. There were way too many kids just hanging around on the staris and in the elevators. I was thankful he just wanted to hang with mom.

Sue

Just to put your mind at rest, I was on Constellation last April during Easter break. There were 300 kids on board and you would never know it. The kids are always entertained in the kids club and there aren't little rascals running around unattended. Nice mix of people.

However, March 2nd is not spring break. In fact, most colleges have late March and most other schools have their break at Easter, which is in April.

Don't sweat it- you'll be fine.

Thanks everyone, I feel better! No offense to the kids (both college-age and younger) but I prefer them in small and not so confined doses especially on vacation. I had read that 10-night or longer cruises would not have many kids so between that and being very early in March - had my fingers crossed.

We were on a Royal Caribbean cruise during spring break in '05. We had an oceanview room on a lower deck that housed a lot of college students. The problem was that the students were treating the cruise ship like it was a dorm. They left the room doors open and spent a lot of time making noise in the hallway. The poor people on either side of them were daily asking them to please go inside their rooms to talk late at night. Also, around the pool area there were lots of drunk college students who never had problems getting alcohol. The problem in a nutshell was the students were being inconsiderate to other guests and treating the cruise ship like they were the only ones on it. They were not responsive to the guests who were trying to sleep at night. This cruise was at the end of March to the Caribbean. I could be wrong but I would think the college kids would be on the inside rooms on cheaper cruises and would avoid Celebrity but I could be wrong.

A. College kids do get out at the end of March for spring break and

B. You aren't going to see college kids on Celebrity. I saw a good mix of people on Constellation in April but there were only a handful of 18 year olds traveling with family.

Don't worry. I have been on five Celebrity cruises and the average age is 40- with a handful of school age kids. Not many teens or twenty year olds.

Archived