Zipline query

fionan

Can anyone tell me how rough the landing is at the end of a zipline? I have some back problems, but my doctor says that I can do a zipline excursion, provided that the jolt at the end of the line is not too great. (eg - I'm forbidden to go parachute jumping, but landing from a jump of a couple of feet, or jumping into a pool is fine)

How fast do you hit the end? How do you stop?

I really want to do this, but I don't want to be stupid. Any info would be very welcome.

I just got back from a zipline excursion and a lot of it depends on how you approach the platform. At first, I had trouble coming in straight for a landing and seemed to be facing backward until I got the hang of it. But usually the guy was there telling me to pull my feet up and he would help stop me. When I came in for a landing straight, he would tell me to move my feet like I was running and that would make you like come in for a stop while running which wasn't so hard on you. Your zipline tour guide maybe able to help you with your questions. It was fun...just not long enough. Good luck

Archived