Viking-Changing cabins?

debbie p

Booked in July for the Grand European Cruise for April, 2007. 4 couples had put our deposit down (and have since paid in full) and chose our cabin (category A) and even have the cabin # noted on our receipt and have now been informed Viking changed our cabins! While we were in the middle of all the rooms, have now been moved to the ends. Is this a common practice?

And this is where having a travel agent comes in VERY handy! If you dealt directly with the cruise line you have no one with clout to get it straightened out for you. That is a terrible thing to do to such a good sized party. I am shocked that Viking would do such a thing.

Clarence:) (who is NOT a travel agent)

Booked in July for the Grand European Cruise for April, 2007. 4 couples had put our deposit down (and have since paid in full) and chose our cabin (category A) and even have the cabin # noted on our receipt and have now been informed Viking changed our cabins! While we were in the middle of all the rooms, have now been moved to the ends. Is this a common practice?

Have you tried to speak with a supervisor to find out the reason and the possibility of getting the original cabins back?

And this is where having a travel agent comes in VERY handy! If you dealt directly with the cruise line you have no one with clout to get it straightened out for you. That is a terrible thing to do to such a good sized party. I am shocked that Viking would do such a thing.

We have a travel agent!!!!!!

Time to make him/her earn that commission! You might hint that you are so unhappy that he might lose 4 cabins (and the attendant commissions) if this isn't worked out to your satisfaction since you are still way before final payment time. This is when you will find out if you have a really GOOD travel agent!

Clarence:)

Time to make him/her earn that commission! You might hint that you are so unhappy that he might lose 4 cabins (and the attendant commissions) if this isn't worked out to your satisfaction since you are still way before final payment time. This is when you will find out if you have a really GOOD travel agent!

She states they HAVE paid in full. Should this make a difference? I hope not!

Certainly NOT. They still have until the final payment due date to cancel and get their money back, possibly less a small administrative fee, and the travel agent loses the entire commission which could amount to several thousand dollars on a group of 8. I suspect that he/she will find that worth fighting for and should be the client's best advocate with the company. After all, when a passenger deals with the company the only thing at risk is that one passenger's business but when a travel agent who does a LOT of business with the company gets treated badly they can cause them much greater losses over the years. Generally Viking enjoys a good reputation so I would think that they will be interested in making this right. A cabin over the engines or over the thrusters is NOT equal to one that is midships.

Archived