Will we have time...

DDinNC

We are going to be on the Majesty the week after Thanksgiving and all my stepmom wants to do is Parasail. I thought Key West would be the best place for this considering the other great excursions we could do in GC and Coz. My question is this.....will we have time to find her a place to parasail and then take the sunset champagne cruise? I think we dock at 3pm?

I think you have to be back on the ship at 5:30 pm. You won't have time for the sunset cruise. If you are on Majesty, you'll be docking closer to lunch time and really don't have that much time in Key West. I think you will have time to parasail, though, if you schedule it around 12ish.

Ahh, my mistake, I was thinking Majesty of the Seas,Royal Caribbean.

You will be there from 3:00pm to 10:00. I went on NC>'s site and went through like I was booking your cruise and hit itinerary.

Sunset is about 5:30, so to be on a sunset cruise and to parasail may be cutting it close, but I think it can be done. You might want to find an outfit that does both sunset cruises and parasailing and they can fit probably tell you if they can fit both in. Just google parasail and KeyWest--I found a bunch of information. I'd call ahead and make plans before you leave, that's waht we did last time in Key West and it was well worth it. If you cannot do both I recommend Floridaze, 60ft sailboat for sunset cruise. floridaze.com

I love Key West --going third time this year--and am still new to cruising, but am hooked. Have a wonderful time!!

thanks for the info. I just got off the phone w/ Gordon at "Info Key West" and he said that it would be impossible to do both.:( The earliest we could parasail is 4pm and the boats load up at 4:30 for the sunset cruise. But we have decided to do the parasailing anyway! Do you have any recommendations?

Better check your schedule. When we were on Majesty of the Seas in Key West last February, the ship left port at seven PM. It was supposed to be six PM, but a crew member didn't show up, so they waited an hour. It arrived in port at seven AM. This was the four-day cruise. Perhaps a three day cruise has a different schedule.

If the ship is still on that same schedule, you will not have time for the very pleasant sunset cruises offered in Key West. You will have plenty of time to go parasailing.

Hey Heavy surf, I made the same mistake. OP is traveling on NCL's Majesty. Different ship from RCI Majesty of the Seas. That's why I initially thought the same.

Whoops, my bad! :o I must have the idea in my head that RCI has exclusive rights to their ship names. I should know better. It seems as if every cruise line uses the same few names these days.

Archived