Just back from the Mercury!

Joan G

Okay, I think I have to admit technological detriments here. I would love to read Joan's review, but can't find it. I looked in the "Celebrity Member Reviews" and don't find any newer than July. Am I looking in the correct place?

Bill

On the Mercury ship.. I understand the 4 day cruise has one Formal night and I was trying to bring dress pants.. instead of a glittery dress and hose and heals?.. How dressy was your formal night?

There have been different opinions stated for the number of formal/semi-formal nights on the 4 day cruise. We're on the Oct 9th sailing. I called X today and the rep said quite emphatically there is one formal, one semi and two casuals. The other time I called, they said one formal, no semi's. So much for clarity. I guess we need to be prepared for either, and let it by our surprise!!!

Bill

There have been different opinions stated for the number of formal/semi-formal nights on the 4 day cruise. We're on the Oct 9th sailing. I called X today and the rep said quite emphatically there is one formal, one semi and two casuals. The other time I called, they said one formal, no semi's. So much for clarity. I guess we need to be prepared for either, and let it by our surprise!!!

Bill

Bill,

We ended the four day cruise on September 22nd and the 1st night was casual, 2nd night formal, 3rd informal and 4th casual (subject to passenger interpretation of course..)

Hope this helps,

Dave

Thanks Dave. That's exactly what she told me on the phone yesterday, so with two confirmations, I'm going with that. That means about the same amount of clothes as a 7 day cruise! But at least I'm driving, not flying. Maybe I'll just stay on after the 4 day cruise to make the extra clothes worthwhile....wonder if they would notice. Where are the hiding places? Hmmmm, a cabin is a problem, though.....

Bill

Thanks Dave. That's exactly what she told me on the phone yesterday, so with two confirmations, I'm going with that. That means about the same amount of clothes as a 7 day cruise! But at least I'm driving, not flying. Maybe I'll just stay on after the 4 day cruise to make the extra clothes worthwhile....wonder if they would notice. Where are the hiding places? Hmmmm, a cabin is a problem, though.....

Bill

Hiding out in the Martini Bar worked out pretty well for me (the cabin thing could be a problem though.)

Have a great time,

Dave

Bill,

We ended the four day cruise on September 22nd and the 1st night was casual, 2nd night formal, 3rd informal and 4th casual (subject to passenger interpretation of course..)

Hope this helps,

Dave

Our 4 day ended September 29, and it was identical to Dave's cruise.

Hey, that could be a good thread to start. "If you were going to stow away, how would you do it?"

That could be interesting!

Dave

Great idea, Dave. Since it's your idea, you want to start it and get the credit? Really, I think a thread should be done with that. If you don't in a couple of days, I'll start one. But I'll say this. I'm often a boring person, and many of my posts are the last ones on a thread. ("Your wanna kill a thread? Have Cruzbw respond!) You??? That review you wrote goes into the Hall of Fame for literary genius. So I think you should ask the question.

Mctrekkie, thanks for another confirmation. I'm packing IAW that dress code.

Bill

Great idea, Dave. Since it's your idea, you want to start it and get the credit? Really, I think a thread should be done with that. If you don't in a couple of days, I'll start one. But I'll say this. I'm often a boring person, and many of my posts are the last ones on a thread. ("Your wanna kill a thread? Have Cruzbw respond!) You??? That review you wrote goes into the Hall of Fame for literary genius. So I think you should ask the question.

Mctrekkie, thanks for another confirmation. I'm packing IAW that dress code.

Bill

Thanks for the compliment Bill. Okay I'll get the thread started but you'll need to add your 2 cents worth.

Dave

Got back from the Mercury last night. It was a great cruise and I will write more when I get settled!!!

Will be very interested as we are on the Mercury Cruise out of Sydney to New Zealand January 2008 we are in CC100 Penthouse Deck if any one has been in a cabin on this deck would be very interested and grateful for any feed back

Eluned & David

Wales

My wife and I were also on this cruise and loved it. We've cruised Celebrity three times before and this was our second time on the Mercury. My favorite day of sailing was going up the Johnstone Strait to Prince Rupert. The shows were wonderful--better than I expected for a short cruise. Brent Nixon was the best naturalist that I've heard on any cruise.

Archived