Macarena Choo Choo Party Bus

cbreit

I didn't take it, but saw the bus while I was at the open air market picking up some produce. It was very colorful and the setting was good with the bananas being unloaded from the adjacent truck so I grabbed a pix.

Kal - are they bananas or plantains?? We followed a pickup through Marigot that was totally packed with what we thought were bananas. One of the local citizens we talked to said they were plantains. Don't know if we could tell the difference from a distance. We do like the way they cook plantain on the island and we even tried cooking some ourselves.

Yep, you're probably correct. However, a ripe plantain is almost black so maybe they are plantains in waiting.

I make a nice plantain, but it's REALLY hard finding ripe plantains locally. Most of them are rock hard and just don't have that wonderful flavor as found in the Caribbean. Goes well with my "caribbean chicken" dish so I need to maintain the quality.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived