Contemporary Intertainment

spike007

Why do all the cruise lines insist on Vegas style intertainment? Most people I know don't bother even going to these old school shows. I think if a cruise line started offering contemporary intertainment, they would attact lots of younger passengers who think of cruises at something for old stoggy retirees. How about some bands that have been popular over the past couple of decades?

Why do all the cruise lines insist on Vegas style intertainment? Most people I know don't bother even going to these old school shows. I think if a cruise line started offering contemporary intertainment, they would attact lots of younger passengers who think of cruises at something for old stoggy retirees. How about some bands that have been popular over the past couple of decades?

I think one of the problems with having the "current" bands on board ship is that the members of these bands can't get past the drug dogs on the pier.

Not sure what you mean about the entertainment, but I'll tell you... it really wouldn't matter what the show was, I most likely wouldn't go... if it was Vegas style or otherwise. The entertainers I do frequent on the ship are all great... love the bands, piano bar entertainers, lido deck band, etc. As for the shows, I have no interest so I couldn't tell you if they were contemporary or not. I don't think changing it would necessarily attract younger people... many are ready to party after dinner, and going to a show cuts in to that time :p

Don't know what you mean by, "Most people I know don't bother even going to these old school shows. " Every cruise I have been on the shows are very well attended, in fact finding a seat is hard if you don't get there early.

..... Most people I know don't bother even going to these old school shows.

'Old school' or not - the main showlounge is always filled, hard to find seating at times. That type entertainment is not found often, except in Vegas and on cruise ships, so it's a treat for most of us...no matter what age. You can see contemporary entertainers every day of the week on TV and in any local club....not so a Vegas style production.:)

I may be in a minority, but I was quite happy one of the main production shows on the Miracle was not a "vegas-style" show with headdresses and sequins. Actually, I think the Miracle is my favorite in terms of the quality of the two main production shows.

At least the cruise lines know how to spell "Entertainment"

I like the variety of entertainment on the ships now, but if they were to spice things up a bit, I wouldn't mind them bringing the touring shows of American Idol or So You Think You Can Dance on board from time to time.

I would NEVER want to see a Hip Hop act on board if that's what you mean by contemporary. They do play contemporary music in the disco and folks sing it in the Karaoke Bar.

What are the options for the cruisers who are not interested in the shows ? We are from Vegas, so we'd like a change of pace ... What else is there to do in the evenings after dinner ? Does anyone recommend a particular club or activity on the Carnival Pride ? :p

What would you suggest for comtemporary entertainment? Rap? Hip hop? :eek:

I attend very few shows as I have other things that I'm more interested in doing or seeing. However, on our cruise two years ago Mickey Dolenz and his sister were the headline entertainment. Remember The Monkees? I have to tell you, those two really put on a show!

At least the cruise lines know how to spell "Entertainment"

Must be that old-school schooling. :)

And I already knew I was stodgy, but I guess I must also be ready to retire! Yee-haw -- more cruising for me! Bring on them leggy, sequined dames!

Archived