Beantown or Old Town Trolley--which is better?

MSUcruisers

None of the trolley lines is located at Black Falcon Pier. Beantown Trolley said that they would have a representative at the pier but we didn't see anyone when we left the ship. We were early though (before 8:30) so they might have come later. We caught the city bus SL2 to South Station and got tickets for the CityView Trolley there. That worked out fine for us. At the end of the day we returned to South Station on the trolley and caught the SL2 bus back to the ship. The other option was paying for the ship's shuttle into Boston for $12 pp. The bus cost us $1.25 pp each way and we got a true taste of Boston. I recommend it.

Judy,

Do you mind telling me where you boarded the Cityview Trolley? Is it right at the city bus stop at South Station? If not, could you give me a detail direction as where to go to find this Trolley.

Thank you so very much!

Elaine

We bought our tickets for CityView Trolley at South Station. Stop 8 where you get on at South Station is about a block away. You turn right out of South Station and go to the corner. Cross the street that you are walking down (not the street that you are approaching) and the trolley stop is in front of 3 Cheers pub. You will see it when you get across the street. Just don't make the mistake that we did and cross the street that parallels the river. Cross the street the crosses the river. When you come back to South Station to catch the Silverline bus back to the ship the trolley driver will probably let you off in front of South Station. I hope you can understand my directions. I sure didn't understand the directions when the trolley guy gave them to me.

BTW, the bus goes underground before it reaches South Station so you will be coming up from there. You don't get off on the street. It is like the subway.

Archived