Flight Itinerary Question

MrFSS

I have a question about my flight itinerary to get to the cruise. Celebrity is providing the flight as part of my package deal. We are leaving from KY and going to San Diego. With one connection this is normally a 6-8 trip, total time with lay overs.

They have us flying from KY to Charlotte, NC to Phoenix and then to San Diego. Nothing like a tour around the country! Over 12 hours total time.

If I call them, any chance they will "negotiate" to something shorter in duration without charging me anything? Or, should I accept it and leave it alone?

Thanks!!

I have a question about my flight itinerary to get to the cruise. Celebrity is providing the flight as part of my package deal. We are leaving from KY and going to San Diego. With one connection this is normally a 6-8 trip, total time with lay overs.

They have us flying from KY to Charlotte, NC to Phoenix and then to San Diego. Nothing like a tour around the country! Over 12 hours total time.

If I call them, any chance they will "negotiate" to something shorter in duration without charging me anything? Or, should I accept it and leave it alone?

Thanks!!

One of the big problems with cruise air. The cruiselines book the cheapest and if you have to fly all over the country, that's what was the cheapest. Sorry, but negotiation is probably out of the question. The flights are booked and I am sure you would be hit with a change fee.

Sounds like you are on US Air. Try to call for seats ASAP, unless that has been done for you. If there are none available for assignment, you will have to line up at the airport (sorry, no online check-in) and you may even have to wait until you get to the gate for seating. Good luck.

Next time pay the $50 air deviation fee and pick your own flights, or book your own flights from the start.

Depending how close you are to departure, your agent MAY be able to get your flights changed if you are willing to pay the air deviation and the possibility of an increase in the air cost.

MrFSS,

If you are a Captains Club Member, they will probably waive the deviation fee, just look at other airlines with most direct flights. They may charge a change fee, but you need to decide if it is worth it to you. If it were up to me, I would change it a heartbeat, and chalk it up to experience. (In the future, and I know this is "after the fact," you can still get the cruise line airfare included, and at their price, just do an air deviation, [no fee for CC members], and pick your flights yourself. That way, you avoid all the connections).

Best of luck,

Tim

MrFSS,

If you are a Captains Club Member, they will probably waive the deviation fee, just look at other airlines with most direct flights. They may charge a change fee, but you need to decide if it is worth it to you. If it were up to me, I would change it a heartbeat, and chalk it up to experience. (In the future, and I know this is "after the fact," you can still get the cruise line airfare included, and at their price, just do an air deviation, [no fee for CC members], and pick your flights yourself. That way, you avoid all the connections).

Best of luck,

Tim

Only part of this post is entirely correct. As a Captain's Club member, the deviation fee is waived.

HOWEVER, IF the flights you choose are more expensive than what is offered for "cruise air", you will pay the difference. This usually includes the nonstops that are very frequently more expensive. Before doing any deviation, check thoroughly your options. There are often BIG differences using air deviation vs what you could book yourself on the same flights.

Archived