Single Cruiser...Can You Have A good Time ?

jessemon

Oh great. Now I have to change my barbs.

OK guys...you lost me.

What are you talking about? Ovary/floggy pup and so on...:confused:

Oh yes, by the way...ShielB4 is leaving on Friday on the Inspiration for 4 nights for her Bday.

I'm sure we will hear from her before she goes.

Anybody else wondering how old she will be??? Yikes!!!

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
You can have a GREAT time! Just be sure to leave your morals, scruples, and decency at home! ;)

Solo cruisers, please disregard this advice. The only things that will keep you safe are your morals, scruples and decency. There is no one around to say, "don't do that" or "he looks crazy". Only what your mama taught you will keep you from doing the "Natalie Holloway."

In a word, if you leave your morals and scruples at home, may I suggest you also stay at home for your own safety.

Travelling solo is NOT the time to be risque. No, No, No. :(

Wise words CS!

Yep guys! one more full day at work, then off I go!! Have to go into work thurs am for a bit, then have arranged for one of my staff to drop me off at the port around 11.30a. Woo hoo...

I sure will let you all know on my return. Look out for it mon/tues night.

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Wise words CS!

Yep guys! one more full day at work, then off I go!! Have to go into work thurs am for a bit, then have arranged for one of my staff to drop me off at the port around 11.30a. Woo hoo...

Have the bestest time and . . . remember what your mama taught about being a lady!!!!!:p Well, do most of it anyway. . . .

CS...believe me I am definately one for decency, scruples and good morals....what other way is a lady to behave??I'll let you know how it all went, when I get back! LOL

I intend to lie in the sun all day, (pls wish for sun for me!)read a good book, partake in some good food, entertainment and the odd beverage! Maybe a massage too.......and oh, just to be away from my very demanding job and very demanding staff! No phones, pagers, walkie-talkies or computers!!!!! bliss.....

Trust me, he "knows" MANY of the S&S ers...........

Should be intreresting with the mixing of the three cruise website members.

Knowing Allen, this bunch will wear him out! Methinks there will be many stories to be told, even if we have to threaten his ovary to hear them. :D

Wise words CS!

shielB4,

Envy is the only I can come up with...:mad:

It is one of those things that other people are doing soon or are doing that I am trying to figure out. When-where and on what ship.

It so far been great seeing so many people asking questions and so many "solo" cruisers helping. Most of which are staying "on point.";)

I am really glad I started this thread.

Jeff

Can anyone help?

Solo cruisers' date=' please disregard this advice. The only things that will keep you safe are your morals, scruples and decency. There is no one around to say, "don't do that" or "he looks crazy". Only what your mama taught you will keep you from doing the "Natalie Holloway."

In a word, if you leave your morals and scruples at home, may I suggest you also stay at home for your own safety.

Travelling solo is NOT the time to be risque. No, No, No. :([/quote']

Hey "CS",

Missed this one earlier.

I agree...you would have to keep most of your wits about you....especially if being a female. (Please take no offense ladies...just common sense) But we all can still have a good time.

Even being a male loosing control can get you in very bad situations.

I myself have been in a few...:eek: ...not good. Just look at the newlywed Smith. Can you say man overboard...in one way or another...and let's plase not turn this into a discussion of their fates.:rolleyes:

Again after a good day of posting from many people this thread continues because of you...

If you are thinking of solo cruising just ask the folks here that are willing to help.

If you have solo cruised and have been lurking but not saying anything...lend a hand.

Thanks again...

Jeff

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Hey "CS",

Missed this one earlier.

I agree...you would have to keep most of your wits about you....especially if being a female. (Please take no offense ladies...just common sense) But we all can still have a good time.

Even being a male loosing control can get you in very bad situations.

I myself have been in a few...:eek: ...not good. Just look at the newlywed Smith. Can you say man overboard...in one way or another...and let's plase not turn this into a discussion of their fates.:rolleyes:

Again after a good day of posting from many people this thread continues because of you...

If you are thinking of solo cruising just ask the folks here that are willing to help.

If you have solo cruised and have been lurking but not saying anything...lend a hand.

Thanks again...

Jeff

Thanks for the support. That advice scares me because I know there are some out there who are reading this thread and may take it to heart. There are certain rules of travelling solo that I truly believe must be followed without deviation.

Number one, if you are looking to "hook up" with someone while you are on vacation, DO NOT vacation alone.

Number two, Do not wander far from the ship, port, major attractions and/or other passengers alone. Make sure there is someone nearby at all times.

Number three, unless you are in a group from the ship (even newly formed cruise friends would work) avoid the local bars and dance clubs. Slipping a micky into your drink is easier and quicker than you can imagine. If you want to drink and party, go back to the ship!!!! Get drunk in the ship's dance club and crawl into your cabin at 3:30 in the morning. I believe there are sufficient cameras and inconspicous security roaming the ship so that you are extremely safe and not likely to run into a predator.

We all want to read about you coming back with wonderful "oh I cruised solo" stories.

Great advise but I think it is time to lighten this up and talk about the positives of solo cruising....:D

I think we would agree.

It is funny how sometimes we loose sight of what we are trying to learn on a thread like this.:)

Let's see if we can get some more of the "lurkers" to participate....

Hey! Lighten up y'all....

I head off tomorrow on the Inspiration, have cruised solo and travelled worldwide solo too, many times, I still enjoy learning new tips, etc, and I appreciate some of the words of wisdom out there...

Thanks all......

I will let you know how it went on my return monday! :)

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Hey! Lighten up y'all....

I head off tomorrow on the Inspiration, have cruised solo and travelled worldwide solo too, many times, I still enjoy learning new tips, etc, and I appreciate some of the words of wisdom out there...

Thanks all......

I will let you know how it went on my return monday! :)

Have the bestest, bestest, bestest time. Have Foo-Foo for me and order the extra lobster tail that I was too full to eat on my cruise.

I want to hear all kinds of details. Where is your cruise going again? What ports? How long? What type of cabin did you reserve?

Can I live vicariously through you;)

Ok....I just want to say that when threads turn....controversial....such as this I usually just stop posting to them.

BUT.....I REALLY like the idea of an ongoing thread about Solo Cruising here in the Carnival boards!! I like that we can discuss solo cruising specific to ships etc and share that info. I check in on the Solo Cruising Message Board but I love the benefit of a thread devoted to Carnival.

I hope that the arguments can stop so that this thread does not get pulled....and just in case it does get pulled I'd like to see it restarted.

Ok....I just want to say that when threads turn....controversial....such as this I usually just stop posting to them.

BUT.....I REALLY like the idea of an ongoing thread about Solo Cruising here in the Carnival boards!! I like that we can discuss solo cruising specific to ships etc and share that info. I check in on the Solo Cruising Message Board but I love the benefit of a thread devoted to Carnival.

I hope that the arguments can stop so that this thread does not get pulled....and just in case it does get pulled I'd like to see it restarted.

LizaMM - I agree wholeheartedly with eveything you said!! If threads get confrontational - I'm done.

Jeff - don't get discouraged - we will get this back on track.

Well I am back from my business trip and now I have two days to unpack - repack, run errands - pick up laundry - oh yeah - did I mention I have to work too...:p

Then Saturday I will be heading towards the Celebration for my first REALLY solo! :D I am ready mentally - now if I can just get everything done before I sail!!

Thanks to all for the advice. If you have any other last minute suggestions, I am all ears! I have about decided to forego the Halloween dress up. Unless you all can come up with a great idea for a 55+ not a grandmother yet (geez - not sure what those DD's are waiting for) - but that's another story.

Kathy: I'll be waiting for a full solo-cruise report. How about a long black dress, cape and a witch's hat? I am also a non-grandmother in your age range who is thinking of cruising solo in winter or spring, 2007. Diane

I would like to thank all for the positive response.

All I wanted to do was try to keep a thread positive...so many times they go to...:eek:

When I started this I was thinking of doing a cruise solo for the first time in my life because I love to cruisse. As I mentioned earlier on this thread something happened in my life where that is my only option for now.

I started this on Carnival because the Inspiration sails out of Tampa on 4 and 5 night cruises. Have cruised on all the majors and Carnival 3 times.

First cruise ever was on Fantasy for 3 nights and got hooked...:) Love cruising. In my thinking this again would be the place to start. The ships and Pax are always fun. I knew it would be a fun time even if alone. People always talk to each other. Ask you what you have planned and love running into someplace else on the ship day or night.

Still working on when.

Thanks to all of you who like this thread and wish to keep it moving forward in a positive manner.:)

Jeff

I just returned from a 4 day cruise on the Sensation and had been using the roll call prior to the cruise. Eight of us met on embarkation day at the pool bar to get acquainted. While we did not do everything together, it was great to have some "friends" prior to sailing. I would suggest that once you have booked your trip, check the roll call for sail date and join in or if there isn't a roll call for your ship and sale date, get one started. This was the first time that I had joined in a roll call and I have made new friends by doing so. I will surely do it for all future cruises.

LizaMM - I agree wholeheartedly with eveything you said!! If threads get confrontational - I'm done.

Jeff - don't get discouraged - we will get this back on track.

Well I am back from my business trip and now I have two days to unpack - repack, run errands - pick up laundry - oh yeah - did I mention I have to work too...:p

Then Saturday I will be heading towards the Celebration for my first REALLY solo! :D I am ready mentally - now if I can just get everything done before I sail!!

Thanks to all for the advice. If you have any other last minute suggestions, I am all ears! I have about decided to forego the Halloween dress up. Unless you all can come up with a great idea for a 55+ not a grandmother yet (geez - not sure what those DD's are waiting for) - but that's another story.

I went on a solo cruise on the Celebration this past July. It was great!! Did you request a table with solo cruisers? We had a great table with a fantastic wait team. Be sure to check out the aft pool bar area..when I went..good place to have a drink and mingle. I loved the Celebration. I actually prefer the smaller ships when I'm going solo.

So Jessemon have you chosen a cruise yet?

I'm counting down the days for my next cruise. Next, will be in April 2007, doing the Crown Princess that sails out of San Juan.

Joanne

Archived