Single Cruiser...Can You Have A good Time ?

jessemon

I love solo cruising. So easy to meet people. Especially now with this board. I've met some wonderful people through my roll calls.

I'm leaving this Thursday. Doing the Crown Princess out of PR. Then, in November doing the Destiny.

Joanne

I "hate" you......LOL

Have a great cruise...........:cool:

I'm sailing solo with the group in October too! Going to be a great time :D

Nice to meet you - I'll see you in October. Steph told me you are a lot of fun - LOL.:)

Jeff - maybe you should start a new thread (you are so good at it....) one asking who is going Solo in October.

I have cruise fever real bad. Decided to take a short one next month just to take the edge off...:D

I think I'm going to have to bring my wife on the October Liberty cruise so no more solo for me, but that is a great group to sail with solo. I accidentally booked the same cruise with them last Oct and turned around and booked the Jan cruise the week after we got back! :D

Yep Mike - no more solo's for you - but I am guessing you will have lots more fun than we will....;)

Let's see....is it two weeks now...:eek: Congrats again!!

Thanks for the well wishes (I think !!!!). :D

Joanne

Really happy to hear from you again.....even though I am jealous......

I hope as in the past people learn alot from the posters on this thread that have been so helpful to myself and others........(as Joanne has been).....

If anyone out there is looking at this thread for the first time and thinking of cruising alone/single/solo for the first time....do yourself a favor.

Look through this very informative thread that many people have helped on.

They have been great. They check in from time to time to answer new questios that have not popped up in the past also......

Hoping we all have great cruises in the future......:cool:

Yep Mike - no more solo's for you - but I am guessing you will have lots more fun than we will....;)

True in one aspect, but the great thing about cruising solo is you do get the ultimate version of 'freestyle' cruising: no need to be anywhere at anytime, and no need to worry about waking someone up to go get breakfast, no need to let someone know where you're going to be... But, you're right... there are benefits to traveling as a couple. ;)

Let's see....is it two weeks now...:eek: Congrats again!!

Thank you! I think I need a ":eek:" about the size of the entire screen though! :D

I sailed solo on the Carnival Freedom (Italy, Greece and Turkey) in March due to my cabinmate canceling when final payment was due. I had a wonderful time...dined at a table for 8....I was fearful of being by myself, but I met many nice cruisers so I never felt alone. I sailed with a group of over 100 from the same travel agency so we had excursions booked exclusively for those from the agency. I did go peek into the "singles meet and mingle" and only saw a few women there and left!

Feel free to ask any questions...

I sailed solo on the Carnival Freedom (Italy, Greece and Turkey) in March due to my cabinmate canceling when final payment was due. I had a wonderful time...dined at a table for 8....I was fearful of being by myself, but I met many nice cruisers so I never felt alone. I sailed with a group of over 100 from the same travel agency so we had excursions booked exclusively for those from the agency. I did go peek into the "singles meet and mingle" and only saw a few women there and left!

Feel free to ask any questions...

I'm not sure yet...but I have a buddy who does the piano bar on cruises. He is sailing on the HAL Rotterdam from now til the fall. If I get the chance and the right price I might hook up for a cruise in Europe.

The ship is doing the Baltic later in the summer and fall and I think that would be a great cruise.

St. Pete Russia has to be the nuts........2 days there......

• 4 weeks later...

I have no idea how I came across this thread, linked to via a few other threads (I think), but I want to say thanks to every one and their advice and suggestions. I booked my first cruise ever (see below) and will be going solo as I can't convince any of my firends to join me. I hope to make a few friends here and have joined the roll call for this cruise. I just hope my shyness doesn't get the best of me.

I was wondering, for those of us who don't consume alcohol, what's there to do? But that may be a question for another topic.

Jeff, have you gotten to use your credits from your cancelled cruise yet?

Where's VIP been? She was funny.

Thanks for the great read!

♥Kay

28 pages of posts... ooh what a read for an evening!

I have no idea how I came across this thread, linked to via a few other threads (I think), but I want to say thanks to every one and their advice and suggestions. I booked my first cruise ever (see below) and will be going solo as I can't convince any of my firends to join me. I hope to make a few friends here and have joined the roll call for this cruise. I just hope my shyness doesn't get the best of me.

I was wondering, for those of us who don't consume alcohol, what's there to do? But that may be a question for another topic.

Jeff, have you gotten to use your credits from your cancelled cruise yet?

Where's VIP been? She was funny.

Thanks for the great read!

♥Kay

28 pages of posts... ooh what a read for an evening!

Hey Kay,

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Glad to see the thread popped up again.

Even if you don't drink you can still if you want just hang with people who do. There is so much to do even if you don't want to do that. Check around on the boards for people that have posted "Carnival Capers" that has daily activities on the ships. You can go into the search area and put those two words in and they'll pop up.

I insured the cruise I couldn't go on so I got a full refund. It cost $79.00 for the insurance.

Going on a cruise in October on the Liberty with a CC group called Saints and Sinners. They look like alot of fun...can't wait. Check out the thread on the Carnival board Saints & Sinners 3...

Hey, you could always join that one this fall.......if you can't wait for your cruise next year.

VIP has been MIA......Yes she is funny...

Have fun...

Jeff

Hi Kay,

You will have no problems finding things to do. I just got back from the Crown Princess a few weeks to do. I loved going to see the comedians. Go to dinner every night in the dining room. Carnival does a great job matching you with other solos. That's where I usually meet the most people.

I am presently booked on the Destiny (Nov 4,07) & doing a B2B in April (Imagination 5 day + Liberty 8 day).

Joanne

Hi Kay,

You will have no problems finding things to do. I just got back from the Crown Princess a few weeks to do. I loved going to see the comedians. Go to dinner every night in the dining room. Carnival does a great job matching you with other solos. That's where I usually meet the most people.

I am presently booked on the Destiny (Nov 4,07) & doing a B2B in April (Imagination 5 day + Liberty 8 day).

Joanne

Hey Joanne....Been a while for this thread to show back up.

Doing a 13 day B2B I see. Sounds like fun. Doing that 8 day with those crazies I met on this thread in Oct 13th for 8 days. I just can't wait.......

They already have another one going for 2008 in Oct. B2B on Imagination for 9 nights...GREAT PORTS.......3 of which I have not been to. That is amazing........

Have fun and run into you soon.......:eek:

Jeff

Hey Joanne....Been a while for this thread to show back up.

Doing a 13 day B2B I see. Sounds like fun. Doing that 8 day with those crazies I met on this thread in Oct 13th for 8 days. I just can't wait.......

They already have another one going for 2008 in Oct. B2B on Imagination for 9 nights...GREAT PORTS.......3 of which I have not been to. That is amazing........

Have fun and run into you soon.......:eek:

Jeff

You will have to tell me all about it (well maybe not all :eek: ) when you get back.

You never know, we might eventually choose the same cruise.

Joanne

You will have to tell me all about it (well maybe not all :eek: ) when you get back.

You never know, we might eventually choose the same cruise.

Joanne

What happens on the ship....stays on the ship.....I'll never tell.........:p

What happens on the ship....stays on the ship.....I'll never tell.........:p

Will have to hire some private investigators to give me updates. :eek: :D

Have cruised before but not alone.

Can you have a good time cruising alone ?

Thinking of starting with a 4 or 5 night cruise.

Any thoughts or hints from anyone who has done this in the past ?

Thanks for the help.

Jeff

Jeff , we have a group started, and we have a few solos in it, 7/26/2008

on the liberty, come join us and you will not be solo, you will already know fun people.

see my banner for info. see our thread...

Jeff , we have a group started, and we have a few solos in it, 7/26/2008

on the liberty, come join us and you will not be solo, you will already know fun people.

see my banner for info. see our thread...

Already goin Oct.. 13th on the Liberty with the Saints & Sinners.......

They (the singles) were very helpful on this thread and talked me into going with them back in January.

I already feel like family with them.......:)

But thanks for the offer.......

Please make sure they are females...that like to do "undercover" work........:p

I was thinking more of hiring some shady characters from work (PS. I work in an all-male prison) .... :eek: :D

I have always felt welcome at large dinner tables. The crew is so friendly and often seek you out to make sure you are well cared for when they find out you are traveling solo. It makes me feel pretty special.

Guest Mary49

I like the idea of being away from family and friends and to do what you want to, when you want to. It's the freedom of being on your own. You do meet up with people all the time. Everybody is usually friendly. I'm sort of a novice now just did my 3rd cruise with carnival and looking forward to my 4th next year. Some solo cruisers even book 2 trips a year. I love how Carnival treats solo cruisers. Mary49

I know how you feel.

This year, I cruised solo, but I met up with friends on the ship. I felt that I didn't meet as much people as I usually do. I tend to meet more people in the dining room. Still liked my cruise, but it was different.

Cannot wait to go on the Destiny in November '07.

Joanne

I was thinking more of hiring some shady characters from work (PS. I work in an all-male prison) .... :eek: :D

Hmmmmm.....I have a perfect comment....But the "PC" police would get me......;) Then I'd probably get a time-out.....:p

I just returned from my virgin (no jokes please) solo cruise. Let me tell you that it was the absolutly best experience. First cruise ever, and going solo....alot of people said I had guts to do it, but I call it confidence and security. GO FOR IT.....you will want it every time.

I just returned from my virgin (no jokes please) solo cruise. Let me tell you that it was the absolutly best experience. First cruise ever, and going solo....alot of people said I had guts to do it, but I call it confidence and security. GO FOR IT.....you will want it every time.
And you don't want me to "touch" this.....:p

Archived