Single Cruiser...Can You Have A good Time ?

jessemon

Mine are boy 10' date=' girl 9, boy 8, girl 6, boy 3, and boy 1...... two here in Charlotte, two on Tybee Island, Geogia, and two in Seattle.

Kathy, Seattle is a big town in Washington state. :)[/quote']

I feel so lucky - mine live 10 minutes from me in Murfreesboro and they come over every weekend.

Bobbi

I feel so lucky - mine live 10 minutes from me in Murfreesboro and they come over every weekend.

Bobbi

Bobbi, I've been through Murfreesboro many times. Do you know where Oak Ridge is? I lived there for many many years.

allen

Bobbi' date=' I've been through Murfreesboro many times. Do you know where Oak Ridge is? I lived there for many many years.

allen[/quote']

Allen - yes I know where Oak Ridge is. I have lived in Tennessee since I was 10. Grew up in Jackson and moved to Nashville in 79. WOW - I did not realize how long I have been in this area until I got ready to type it. I have lived in this area (mostly Smyrna & Murfreesboro) ever since. Don't count the brief moves to Oklahoma and Alabama because some guy entered my life and I followed them. :o ) I live north of Murfreesboro in Walter Hill and work in Nashville.

So glad to see this thread alive and well. Plus, we've got some new chatters, which is great.

Let's keep this thread going.

Joanne

Hey Joanne...did you do that cruise yet ?????

I got back early May from the Crown. The ship is beautiful, but I personally still prefer Carnival. I did not think it was worth all of the extra money. The food, I thought was better on Carnival. (IMHO). The ports were great. Especially loved St. Kitt's and Grenada.

I will be doing the Destiny in November with friends that I met on CC. I cannot wait.

Also booked the Imagination for Apr 21, then the Liberty for April 26. Sort of a B2B, but on 2 different ships.

Joanne

Allen - yes I know where Oak Ridge is. I have lived in Tennessee since I was 10. .

I moved from Oklahoma (Edmond) to Oak Ridge when I was 13 and then lived there (with the exception of three years in the army and then four years in Alaska) until I was 45. I've lived in the Carolinas since then. All three of my sons and I attended the University of Tennessee. Go, Big Orange!

I moved from Oklahoma (Edmond) to Oak Ridge when I was 13 and then lived there (with the exception of three years in the army and then four years in Alaska) until I was 45. I've lived in the Carolinas since then. All three of my sons and I attended the University of Tennessee. Go' date=' Big Orange![/quote']

My whole family bleeds orange. 2 sisters graduated from there. One played for Pat Summit when she was Pat Head. The other was a team manager. I waited till late in life to graduate college and I graduated from Trevecca here in Nashville.

I hope both grandchildren will go to UT.

Bobbi

I went on my 1st solo cruise a few years ago and had a BLAST!! I asked to be seated in the dining room at a large table with other singles, I booked through carnival directly. That is what I got. I was the only woman at a table full of single men. We were the loudest and most fun table in the dining room. One of the guys from the cruise I still hang out with 4 years later. By the 2nd night we had people wanting to join "our group."

I liked the fact that you could do what you want when you want and nobody to answer to. 6 of us from our dining table actually hung out together at all 3 ports and almost every night in the disco. I think by the end of the week almost the whole ship knew who we were.

I would recommend you go at least once and see if it's for you. I'm going on a cruise in Dec. with 7 other women friends so I'll see how that works out with a big group.

Good luck!

Gwyn in Vegas:)

S&S5 - 2009 is currently being planned as a one-way Hawaii cruise. Stay tuned. :D

Okay, I've been lurking in this thread for awhile now, but you've definitely got my attention with this info!

I have traveled a lot solo - starting a lo-o-o-o-ng time ago when I traveled to Australia by myself when I was 19 (actually went to and from by ship - the P & O Orsova to and the Canberra back, so cruising and I go way back :) )

I love traveling solo and while I've also traveled with people (my Aunt and I did 2 Alaska cruises together and my sis-in-law and I did a couple of Carnival cruises to the Caribbean), I prefer being by myself just because it's so much fun to do what I want when I want (or do nothing when I want if I want).

I have 3 cruises coming up - all solo. I've also really wanted to do a CC group cruise, but they never seemed to be timed to my availablity. Besides, being on the West Coast (and in Canada), it's always so much more expensive for me to do cruises from the East Coast. Love to do a Hawaii cruise. So I'll be waiting eagerly for the 2009 info!

My whole family bleeds orange. 2 sisters graduated from there. One played for Pat Summit when she was Pat Head. The other was a team manager. I waited till late in life to graduate college and I graduated from Trevecca here in Nashville.

I hope both grandchildren will go to UT.

Bobbi

For Allen and you.......

GO.....GATORS.........

LOL

I got back early May from the Crown. The ship is beautiful, but I personally still prefer Carnival. I did not think it was worth all of the extra money. The food, I thought was better on Carnival. (IMHO). The ports were great. Especially loved St. Kitt's and Grenada.

I will be doing the Destiny in November with friends that I met on CC. I cannot wait.

Also booked the Imagination for Apr 21, then the Liberty for April 26. Sort of a B2B, but on 2 different ships.

Joanne

Joanne...Did you eat in "Sabatini's" ? One of my favorites.

Got a B2B going in Oct. 08 with S&S. Imagination out of Miami. Great port set-up. 9 nights. Check it out.

Joanne...Did you eat in "Sabatini's" ? One of my favorites.

Got a B2B going in Oct. 08 with S&S. Imagination out of Miami. Great port set-up. 9 nights. Check it out.

No, I did not do either of the Supper Clubs this time.

Yeah, I saw that about the Imagination. The time wise really doesn't work for me. When you live in the frigid cold like I do, you tend to vacation during the winter months. I usually cruise in April.

Not enough vacation time & $$$$ to cruise twice a year.

Joanne

No, I did not do either of the Supper Clubs this time.

Yeah, I saw that about the Imagination. The time wise really doesn't work for me. When you live in the frigid cold like I do, you tend to vacation during the winter months. I usually cruise in April.

Not enough vacation time & $$$$ to cruise twice a year.

Joanne

Joanne...I keep forgetting that you live in New Brunswick...Let me know where. One of my best buddies in the world is a piano bar player on ships and he lives there on some river. Sorry...I cannot be more vague than that.

His name is JP Nadeau...plays alot on HAL. Is on Rotterdam in Europe until October.

Joanne...I keep forgetting that you live in New Brunswick...Let me know where. One of my best buddies in the world is a piano bar player on ships and he lives there on some river. Sorry...I cannot be more vague than that.

His name is JP Nadeau...plays alot on HAL. Is on Rotterdam in Europe until October.

I live just on the outskirts of Moncton. That name (JP Nadeau) sounds awfully familiar. I'm wondering if he lives on the St. John River.

Joanne

Archived