Regrets about your cruise- what didn't you do?

Tinalou

While we're on topic of chatting about best parts of the cruise, I was wondering what people regret most about their cruise (other than the fact it wasnt long enough! :p ).

I would say that I regret not trying everything like all the bars (we are not big nightclubbers and avoided the nightclub and yobbo, I mean, Legends Bar :p (jk ;) ) but in retrospect, I wished we had've popped in just to say we got the most out of the cruise.

I also regret not making the most of our days. I was pooped very easily and we had mostly early nights.

I regret not getting up early enough to have brekkie in the restaurant.

I regret not being up on deck for sailaway in Sydney.

I regret not attending a lot of the theme night parties because I was so sick or tired or not in the mood.

I regret not catching a clear night to see all the stars.

I also regret not making any good, long term friends from our cruise.

What's your biggest regret?

That's a lot of regrets Tina. I don't think I have any regrets.

We tried all the bars (I might add that on our 2nd cruise we decided to try all the bars) and enjoyed the Legends Bar probably the most because of the music they played (wasn't head banging stuff), we did enjoy the Nightclub, never had an early night, most nights past 2am, up early for breakfast. (hubby stayed longer in bed. I didn't want to miss a moment of each day from beginning to end!!)

Definately on deck for Sailaway all cruises, even Asia - left after 11pm.

Attended all theme nights and enjoyed some more than others.

Definately caught the beautiful clear nights with the stars (very romantic).

Never got tired or couldn't be bothered and made some wonderful friends, especially on our last cruise (Asia).

You could say we burnt the candle at both ends (and haven't done that since 18+ and are now mid 40's). We both figured we could have a rest when we got home, lol.

On your next cruise at least you will have an idea of what you want to accomplish lol.

PS. Up until Phuket I would have said my great regret was not seeing sunrise (altho we did see Sydney but it was an overcast morning and the buildings where all in the way when the sun did come thru). But I made sure I was up in time for that and it was just beautiful!

Kerri

Kerri, your whole post just rubbed it all RIGHT in, lol :p

Yes, I guess I was too busy trying to relax and not care about anything to do everything if you know what I mean.

I wonder how people have the energy to do EVERYTHING. I mean some days you had to choose between things you wanted to do- go to an island, or do flower arranging, watch a movie, or go to the champagne waterfall, go to bingo or frolick with my new hubby (tough choice! :o) Lol...

I guess that just gives me another reason to go on another cruise...to do all the stuff I missed out on the first time! I guess you learn from your mistakes...

My only regret from 3 cruises is my choice of Shore Tours in Suva. In hindsight we should have chosen shore tours that took us out of Suva to see more of the 'real' Fiji, which I'm sure is much nicer than Suva.

I'm glad that Suva wasn't our only stop in Fiji - that we also went to Pentecoste, otherwise I think I would have come back with a very negative view of Fiji.

Other than that I don't regret anything else I've done or not done on any of the cruises - because I know there'll be a next time and I can just do or not do next time.

Kerri, your whole post just rubbed it all RIGHT in, lol :p

Yes, I guess I was too busy trying to relax and not care about anything to do everything if you know what I mean.

I wonder how people have the energy to do EVERYTHING. I mean some days you had to choose between things you wanted to do- go to an island, or do flower arranging, watch a movie, or go to the champagne waterfall, go to bingo or frolick with my new hubby (tough choice! :o) Lol...

I guess that just gives me another reason to go on another cruise...to do all the stuff I missed out on the first time! I guess you learn from your mistakes...

Tina, I gotta tell you, I didn't do any of the flower arranging, earing making etc. Did all that when I was a lot younger. ;) We lay in the sun for a while, had a few drinks, played beer quoites and walked around chatting or just sat out the back enjoying the view.

Frolick with your new hubby - that's the preferrable choice:D

Tina you made no mistakes at all, you did what you wanted to do at the time and had a ball doing it I'm sure:p

Kerri

Jane on our first cruise as a family hubby and I joined in the passenger participation show (I was one of the chickens and Oz was the first ever male rooster!!) We had an absolute ball. (it wasn't what I wanted to do but ended up having a ball and met some great people). Now that we have done it we didn't volunteer again. lol

Kerri

I wish I had done a galley tour while they were still on offer. I also hadn't joined in an audience participation show. Not sure if I regret that or not. :rolleyes:

We had a galley tour on our cruise in March.. They now make a big thing about it.. The head chef, Maitre d' and cruise director on stage in the Show lounge doing a cooking demonstration, followed by a walk through the galley. Very Interesting.

On our cruise it was done on the morning of the second formal night, and they demonstrated a couple of the dishes that were to be served at the formal dinner that night.

Kym

Archived