I upgraded myself into a 9A from a BL. Yay or Nay???

haras

Did I make the right choice??? It was a total of $280 more for the cabin. We currently had a BL and I got nervous and called carnival. Now we're in 6277. I didn't know it was a handicapped room until I already booked it. I'll take some pictures when I'm there (in 10 days! yippee!)

I just booked this cruise 12 days before sailing, so I didn't have much choices. I considered paying for an catagory 11, but it was a huge difference in price...around $1300 more as opposed to just $280.

What do you think? Good choice?

I hope so. My last cruise was on the NCL Sun and we had a aft balcony and LOVED...LOOOOOOVED being able to lay out on the lounges during the day instead of fighting for one around the pool.

Thanks for your thoughts!

I see nothing on the deck plan that suggests that it might be a handicapped cabin. We had a similar cabin on the Costa Mediterannea last year and cabins in that area are over sized, 6 ft deep instead of 4. Sorry, I meant that the balcony is 6 ft deep instead of 4.

Wow!

12 days out and this cabin was still available?! Larger cabin, larger balcony. Great catch. Sounds good to me! Enjoy your cruise.

I thought so too! It's funny because there are still 2 more 9A available. Okay...I feel much more relieved now that I know it is not a handicapped room. Why is there only a shower?

Thanks everyone for making me feel better about this decision.

anyone know if the water slide works?

Why is there only a shower?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think only suites have tubs. I've yet to see a cabin with more than a shower, but that's just me.

I hope (based on memories) that the water slide is open for you. Can't believe I waited five cruises to go on one.

I would def, take the 9a, the cabin may be a bit smaller than a cat 11, but the wonderful wraparound balcony is well worth it.

I could go for a cat 11 or 12,if I wanted to, but much prefer to get the 9a for the great balcony. You just can't beat it in my opinion.

I would def, take the 9a, the cabin may be a bit smaller than a cat 11, but the wonderful wraparound balcony is well worth it.

I could go for a cat 11 or 12,if I wanted to, but much prefer to get the 9a for the great balcony. You just can't beat it in my opinion.

This balcony is not a wrap-around, it's in the middle of the ship, but it is larger than the standard balconies.

everyone who replied! I get so wrapped up in booking the perfect cabin so I'm very relieved to hear that it's a good choice. Initially, we paid $1800 for two for 8 days to the E. Caribb. We booked last minute (just 2 days ago) so I don't know if we got a good price or not. I decided to take a BL (balcony guarantee) b/c I didn't care for any of the current balconies and it was cheaper. Then I got nervous and called my pvp and she said I could upgrade to a 9A for an additional $280 total. If I had chosen a cat 11, it would've been an additional $1300 so I'm pretty happy about the value. What I loved about my last cruise was that the aft balcony we had was large enough to put 2 loungers out there. It was so great to lay out and read and fall asleep. I'm a little paranoid so I would never relax enough to fall asleep out in the pool area. I don't know why. It's just how I am. :rolleyes: Thanks to everyone for their replies. I can't wait!

Archived