Transatlantic Wind Star?

jazzsea

Has anyone sailed a transatlantic cruise on Wind Star? DH and I would like to sail on Wind Surf next spring but I am hesitant as I do get a little sea sick from time to time. Is a transatlantic only for really "good" sailors? I'm aware of meclazine (sp) and cannot wear the patch. I've used sea bands and I also take candied ginger. Meclazine and ginger have always worked well for me.

Thanks,

Carol,

I have already booked a cabin on Windsurf for the Spring crossing. This will be my first Trans-Atlantic cruise crossing. I too am interested in knowing how rough it is going to be. I did book a mid-ship cabin, for a smoother ride. Fortunately, I can handle Dramamine. Last December, I was on the Royal Princess, sailing from Togo to Namabia in the Southern Atlantic. Of the 4 days at sea, there was only one afternoon where I wound up taking any Dramamne. I am thoroughly looking forward to taking this trip. I will also be staying on for the first seven day trip to Malaga.

Benton

• 3 weeks later...

Did the crossing on the Surf in April 2001.

Had some rough seas the first few days and then about 8-9 that were 'smooth as glass'. Have fond memories of suntanning on deck, reading my book and watching a couple of people fishing and flying kites from the stern.

The Dr/Nurse keep well stocked of sea sickness pills (can't remember the name - didn't need them) that are free for the taking. They keep them in a bin on the wall outside the infirmary door.

Archived