Free Upgrade

justme_123

We got a great deal on the Carnival Victory for 7/22/04. But we are paying for the 1a cabins. Its my parents, myself and my best friend going. My parents paid a little bit more money and got to pick what floor and where they wanted the cabin, and chose the cabin without the bunkbeds, I can't think of the category they chose. But they already have their cabin number and where it is. My best friend and I chose a guarentee 1a. because we didn't want to pay extra money so we do not know where our cabin is. When my mom booked, carnival had to play "musical cabins" with us, so my mom and my friend are in a room and my step dad are in the room my parents paid extra for. Carnival told my mom they would put us close together. Now would that make you assum your getting a free upgrade? The deck that my parents are on is Upper aft. I just don't really understand how the free upgrades work. If you could give me some insight, that would be great!!! thanks!

a guarantee means you could end up anywhere. From a Cat 1A you can only get better. Make sure that the TA (or whoever you booked with) "cross references" the bookings so that they know you are all travelling together. This will also let Carnival know that you want to be seated together in the dining room (if you want that). Make sure you're all assigned to the same dinner seating. What upgrade, if any, you will get really will depend on a number of factors - availability (what's left after they upgrade the higher categories), are you a past guest? (be sure they know that - provide past guest number), how much did you pay vs the other guy. Being that you are going July 22, my guess is the ship will be almost completely full - but you never know - you might get lucky!

Cabin 1A's are on ever deck--towards the front.

I take it that you and your friend are not 21 years old..thats why the musical cabins.

Did you just book this cruise? I'd be curious to see your upgrade when you get back--let us know.

We booked the cruise beginning of June, and my mom told carnival directly that we are all together and they said they would try and put us all close together. I am really hoping for an upgrade, and not be on the bottom. I like the top better. And i am thinking since we are playing musical cabins and my friend and I are both under 21 (were 19) that we will be close to my parents for that reason. I will let you know when we get back if you got our upgrade or not!

Justme, Aft is not the deck, it is the location... they will make every effort to put you guys close, but with you booking a GUAR and them booking a specific cabin, there are no guarantees... but I'm sure they will do their best.

Good luck and have fun!

Archived