Dawn ice cream

CaptainChoppers

Just curious.....how long has the soft serve ice cream machine been broken? :confused:

Well...let see now, our last cruise on Dawn was 1/05. It was not working long before then and I don't think it has been working since. I could be wrong but I don't think so. :rolleyes:

They should just get rid of the machine instead of teasing us.!;)

I was on the Dawn the week of 9/9/06 and the soft serve ice cream at Sprinkles was working then.

Are you sure? My hubby will sure be happy to hear about that! :D

Of course I can't have it! Diabetes got me this year so all I can do is look. :(

I didn't know the machine was located at Sprinkles....was it aways there? I thought it was originally out by the pool deck. Maybe I am thinking of Carnival Legend. Hmm!

Are you sure? My hubby will sure be happy to hear about that! :D

Of course I can't have it! Diabetes got me this year so all I can do is look. :(

I didn't know the machine was located at Sprinkles....was it aways there? I thought it was originally out by the pool deck. Maybe I am thinking of Carnival Legend. Hmm!

We were on the Dawn last April and the machine was working for the first few days of the trip. While it was working they did have a lower sugar frozen yogurt that looked pretty good and you might be able to have that. (depending on your blood sugars and what you ate the night before:D )

We were on the Dawn last April and the machine was working for the first few days of the trip. While it was working they did have a lower sugar frozen yogurt that looked pretty good and you might be able to have that. (depending on your blood sugars and what you ate the night before:D )

That sounds good Smellytoes. I am always looking for tasty alternatives. Actually I do "cheat" here and there. :o It all depends on how many carbs I've consumed for a meal or for the entire day. I am just starting to get the hang of "how much I can cheat". LOL! Doc says I am doing really great so I have to make sure I don't get over confident and ruin my progress on this cruise....cause we know that half the fun of a cruise is the "eating part". ;) I don't know how I am going to get thru the "chocolate buffet" night though. :(

When my hubby has ice cream...I will steal a few spoonfuls and that is usually good enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. :D

BTW....I read your "excusion response". Yes, I am a bit ahead of myself but that's me. Hubby just goes along with whatever I choose so it makes it all very easy to plan them. Still trying to decide on a few choices....there are soooo many this time around.

That sounds good Smellytoes. I am always looking for tasty alternatives. Actually I do "cheat" here and there. :o It all depends on how many carbs I've consumed for a meal or for the entire day. I am just starting to get the hang of "how much I can cheat". LOL! Doc says I am doing really great so I have to make sure I don't get over confident and ruin my progress on this cruise....cause we know that half the fun of a cruise is the "eating part". ;) I don't know how I am going to get thru the "chocolate buffet" night though. :(

When my hubby has ice cream...I will steal a few spoonfuls and that is usually good enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. :D

BTW....I read your "excusion response". Yes, I am a bit ahead of myself but that's me. Hubby just goes along with whatever I choose so it makes it all very easy to plan them. Still trying to decide on a few choices....there are soooo many this time around.

There are little things you can do to off set some of the extra carbs such as try to take the stairs instead of the elevator, swim some laps if your in the in door pool, drink plenty of water and maybe be a little more vigilante about checking your blood sugars. I don't know if you noticed but the Dawn has some really good sugar free desserts. I know there not carb-free but every little thing you do will help you enjoy your cruise even with diabetes.

There are little things you can do to off set some of the extra carbs such as try to take the stairs instead of the elevator, swim some laps if your in the in door pool, drink plenty of water and maybe be a little more vigilante about checking your blood sugars. I don't know if you noticed but the Dawn has some really good sugar free desserts. I know there not carb-free but every little thing you do will help you enjoy your cruise even with diabetes.

I hear ya on all counts! I recently lost 30lbs and still going. I have a routine of walking very day...especially after high carb meals that may spike me. Gets my BS down after only 15 minutes of walking. I also drink tons of water for flushing. I am in the process of researching the gyms in our area for indoor pools to get some non impact arobics in for I have chronic back problems from a car accident...which is why I ended up with the weight problem due to immobility etc. One thing effects another and so on. I am going to check out the sugar free goodies though...thanks for reminding me. :)

Archived