RR Excursion Question Re-Asked to Clarify ...

kingsgirl

I think I was unclear with my last post so I'm going to RE-POST to see if it's more understandable.

I'm thinking about Chilkoot Charters b/c I've heard wonderful things about places like Emerald Lake and such and would love to see them.

I was wondering about one of their combined packages. I realize that they will be offering a longer train-ride to Carcross but I am looking to find out about their Yukon Rail and Bus Excursion as explained below.

Skagway’s most scenic ALASKAN experience begins with a relaxing 1 ½ hour train excursion from Skagway to the top of the White Pass Summit and beyond.

Along the way there will be ample opportunities to view and photograph waterfalls, majestic mountains, glaciers, historic sites and the pristine beauty of ALASKA and the YUKON!

Emerald%20Lake.jpgUpon arrival at Fraser (Canadian Customs), transfer to a comfortable coach and experience the beauty of the Yukon. Travel to Carcross, Caribou Crossing, Emerald Lake, Lake Bennett and much more! A Yukon style BBQ lunch is provided as well as free admission to the Yukon Wildlife Museum and Heritage Park. Enjoy a visit to an authentic dog sled camp and pet the huskypuppy.jpghusky puppies!

There is no mention of a return trip to the dock. Is this included? Does anyone know from experience as I cannot get ahold of this company currently. Any known prices or last year prices for this excursion appreciated!! Thank you so much!

(insert taken from http://www.chilkootcharters.com/yukon.htm )

Of course they take you back to Skagway - what else could they possibly do? Well, I suppose the legenadry Carcross Cannibals would appreciate it if a few of you were left by the side of the road :D

Murray

Of course they take you back to Skagway - what else could they possibly do? Well, I suppose the legenadry Carcross Cannibals would appreciate it if a few of you were left by the side of the road :D

Murray

Forgive me but it would be me that they'd leave at the side of the road once I found out there was no return ;) I just wanted to make sure I have my bases covered. Thank you for all your posts Murray, you've been splendid help!:)

Archived