De Palm Island ?

Eagle1

Hi , We will be in Aruba next week and are thinking of doing De PALM iSLAND has anyone done this and is it worth it, if so should we do it on our own or as a tour and how much should we expect to spend. Thanks

We did the DePalm Island tour through RCI and it was worth it:) My inlaws snorkeled and we just took in the beauty that was on the island. You take a cataraman type vehicle over and the island has a small shopping area, snorkeling and a beach area where you can swim or just look for shells etc. There are chairs and they even include lunch(they did on our tour). It was great!! I would recommend it. My cousins went on this tour last year and thanked me for telling them about it. I don't think you would be disappointed. About tours on your own I don't know any info on that but maybe someone else will. Have a wonderful cruise:) We will be in Aruba on Nov.9th and can't wait. It is a beautiful island.

We did the DePalm Island tour through RCI and it was worth it:) My inlaws snorkeled and we just took in the beauty that was on the island. You take a cataraman type vehicle over and the island has a small shopping area, snorkeling and a beach area where you can swim or just look for shells etc. There are chairs and they even include lunch(they did on our tour). It was great!! I would recommend it. My cousins went on this tour last year and thanked me for telling them about it. I don't think you would be disappointed. About tours on your own I don't know any info on that but maybe someone else will. Have a wonderful cruise:) We will be in Aruba on Nov.9th and can't wait. It is a beautiful island.

Carol P.

Trying to orient myself with the RCI brochure. Is the excursion you are talking about the De Palm Island Snuba Adventure? That one sounds like it is more than what you were talking about but I don't see any others except a helmet dive.

We have been to De Palm island with the ship, on a snorkel beach excursion, and it was Great! All of the colorful parrot fish, right where you get into the water to snorkel, are beautiful. It has been a while, so I hope it hasn't changed.

Kathy

Two years ago we went to De Palm Island and it was ok for us. No one's fault it's just we had an overcast day and water wasn't as clear for snorkeling and was quite cool, food was ok.

Last year we went to Baby Beach and it was a beautiful hot day. They also had chairs you could rent and umbrellas if you wanted them and they had huts with food and drinks to purchase, wasn't all that expensive, actually cheaper than doing the excursion through the cruise line. We took the bus and asked the driver to stop at the beach and waited about 10 min when we wanted to come back.

DePalm Island is a small island off the coast, about 1 mile, but it is in a protected area.

The island has snuba, scuba, snorkeling, sunbathing, swimming, shade, food, drinks, little store, bathrooms, all available, thus if the ship has different excurisions listed, they will all go to the same place. :)

Archived