Chocolate Tour - RCCL's tour

Choozin Croozin

• 2 months later...

We are going on Brilliance of the Seas on Jan. 2. SOunds like you went on RCCL, too. Did you do the chocolate tour? How was it? Did you go on any excursions?

Other than answering a post, how do I speak directly to someone, like yourself, if I have a question? I'm afraid that after a long time, no one is going to look at their original question for a followup....

Thank you.

You're probably right about checking back on their old postings. Once I go, I may check back for a week or two then I'm done until I schedule another cruise.

To answer your question, I have not gone yet so I don't know from 1st hand experience how the chocolate tour was.....with that said, I just read a review of the Brilliance on the Member Review boards (go back to the home page of cruise critic and look up member reviews) One of the people reviewing had done the chocolate tour and really enjoyed it. Here's what they had to say:

The second excursion was one that RCCL advertised as the "Chocolate Tour". Only ten people joined this tour, which was really unfortunate, because it was every bit as memorable as the Canal crossing. Traveling by bus some 2-1/2 hours to a private preserve, we toured a beautiful rain forest garden before beginning a hike across an 860-foot long suspension bridge over the rain forest, two rivers and an island -- unforgettable views! The bridge gradually descended to the floor of the rain forest where we were guided by a very well informed naturalist. The tour then entered an abandoned cocoa plantation, where we saw how cocoa grows. We than had the opportunity to actually make chocolate from the cocoa pods and to taste the results of our efforts -- delicious!! -- before returning back to the start of the hike for a tasty local lunch. On the way back to the ship, our guide gave us a thorough local tour thru the banana growing areas, and other sites of interest. Highly recommend this tour for those who want to experience some of what Costa Rica has to offer!

I have already booked with okeydokeytours otherwise I would have definately checked this out.

Other than answering a post, how do I speak directly to someone, like yourself, if I have a question? I'm afraid that after a long time, no one is going to look at their original question for a followup....

Thank you.

If you click on their screen name and then hit public profile, some will have their email address listed. Other than that it would be tough. Hope you have a wonderful time.

We were on the Coral Princess but the Brilliance of the Sea followed our same route and was in port at the same time. We were very pleased with the excursion that took us to the Tirimbina Rainforest Center and probably was the same excursion that choozin' cruzin' mentioned. An air-conditioned bus made the 3 hour trip but the tour guide made it seem much shorter with her interesting commentary. After touring the rainforest and walking over the long suspension bridge, we were treated to a delicious authentic Costa Rican lunch. The tour included a visit to a cacao plantation where it was a hands-on demonstration of how cacao beans are transformed into chocolate. The return ride gave us time for a quick nap and shopping at the pier flea market. It was gratifying to know that our money spent for the tour was going to a non-profit agency preserving the important rainforests of Costa Rica. To experience the sights, sounds and fragrances of the rainforest made Costa Rica much more memorable!

Archived