Safe amount of time for arrival/departures

krazy1

Hey everyone,

Our cruise which is returning on the 27th of January 2007, states it returns into Brisbane at 6am on the day. Is there a safe time frame for me to book flights out of Brisbane on that day? Normally I wouldnt care but the next day (28th) I have a major all day function so the earlier I can be home on the 27th, the better for me. Once docked, how long does it take for you to get off the boat?

Also it says we can board from 11am and departs at 2pm, ive read in a few posts that it leaving on time is very unlikely. I have no problem being there on time as we will be in QLD the day b4 but just incase, whats usually the latest you can rock up to the boat?

And whats happened with that wharf their building in Brisbane? Is it done? Its slightly confusing, the terms and conditions state something like if the new one is not built, u have to make your own way to the temp one???

Thanks all :)

Hi Krazy1.

the cruise line do not like anyone to have a flight booked earlier than midday. to cover if they get in late. when the ship docks, it is still some time before anyone disembarks. the ship must be cleared by customs , immigration etc. when the passengers do start to get off it is by colour code which you have delivered to your cabin with luggage labels. once they start it is not too long getting off, everyone is usually off ship by 10.30am. the new terminal is now working. and do not be later than midday for a 2pm sailaway.

regards, Lorraine:) :)

Hey everyone,

Our cruise which is returning on the 27th of January 2007, states it returns into Brisbane at 6am on the day. Is there a safe time frame for me to book flights out of Brisbane on that day? Normally I wouldnt care but the next day (28th) I have a major all day function so the earlier I can be home on the 27th, the better for me. Once docked, how long does it take for you to get off the boat?

Arrival in Brisbane is usually around 5.00 am and disembarkation complete by 10.30am. I'd recommend you look at flights departing Brisbane after 12pm. Individual disembarkation times are arranged subject to requirements of onward trave. During the cruise you'll be asked your post cruise travel details, advise P&O at this time what your flight details are and they'll arrange a disembarkation time suitable for you flight times.

Also it says we can board from 11am and departs at 2pm, ive read in a few posts that it leaving on time is very unlikely. I have no problem being there on time as we will be in QLD the day b4 but just incase, whats usually the latest you can rock up to the boat?

Departure times from Brisbane lately have been on time at 2pm. You should plan to be at the Terminal no later than 12pm on the day of departure to allow time to get through checkin procedures. All passengers are expected to be ONBOARD ready for departure at 1.30pm for a 2pm departure.

And whats happened with that wharf their building in Brisbane? Is it done? Its slightly confusing, the terms and conditions state something like if the new one is not built, u have to make your own way to the temp one???

The Brisbane Cruise Ship Terminal at Hamilton is now fully operational and you'll be exepcted to make your own way to the terminal.

I think you might have misread the conditions. When they were operating from the temporary terminal, passengers COULDN'T make their own way to the terminal as it was in security controlled freight handling area. Passengers were bused, by P&O, from various locations in Brisbane. Thankfullly that's all over and Brishane has a nice new passenger facility, up there with Darling Harbour.

Kym

Hi Krazy,

Our flight gets into Brisbane at 7.30am on embarkation day and we will get a cab to the new terminal. Who cares if we have to wait a few hours..makes it all the more exciting. At least there will be sometwhere to sit (in A/C I believe).The latest pic of the Portside terminal looks good. You can even see the white gangway jutting out from the terminal building.

Coming home we have a 3.30pm flight..enough time for a visit with family hopefully.Hope you will enjoy your cruise..our first one too. The experts here will answer all your questions and you'll feel so much more confident, happy and excited. It's a great way to "eat" the time away as you look forward to the big day.Just 19 sleeps left us.

Cheers,

Kinka

Kinka, our flight gets in around the same time. We are flying in from Canberra. Some on Virgin and One on Qantas. Are bound to bump into you.

Our flights home are about 2.30pm. I was looking at our old disembarkation info and they actually seemed to have people booked on 8-9am flights. They were P&O bookings though.

Hi Jane & Kinka, we arrive at 8am on embarkation day and leave around 3pm the day of disemarkation. Which state are you coming from Kinka.

Would you believe, I can't remember who we're flying with!!! Best go and check. Arrgh, found it. Qantas both ways.

Kerri

Hello Kezza and Aussie,

We have just a short 50 min flight from Rockhampton. We actually are an hours drive from that airport so will be heading off a bit before 5am. Guess wou'll be whacked that day. If you see two tourists with excitement splashed over them, come on over and punch me.How many days now?

Cheers,

Kinka

Hi Kinka, whacked on the day!!!! Not a chance girl lol. Because our flight is so early we're staying in at the airport (big smiley here). Which works out really well. Our daughter flys back in Melb at 7.30 on the 24th (after being in Europe for 4 weeks) at 7.30pm so we'll see her in and then stay at the airport.

DH did want to go from home but decided 3.30am was a bit too early if we didn't want to be whacked for our first night cruising. So there will be another 2 tourists with huge big smiles all over their faces. I imagine Jane & Sandra will also have huge big smiles as well. lol.

18 days to go!! We'll have to organize somewhere to meet up and have a drink or 4. Jane, Sandra and your 2 other travelling companions are you up catching up as well?

Kerri

Thank you to all you wonderful people :) Ive never seen such a forum where ppl will respond so quickly and properly. Most forum newbies around the net get hounded for asking the same old questions.

I am looking at booking a flight outta Brisbane at 1pm. I hope this is enough time. Out of curiosity, how far is the wharf/terminal from Brissy airport?

Hi Krazy,

I'm sure the 1pm departure will be fine, as it's a short 10min drive (5 km at a pinch) from the new wharf at Hamilton. I've read somewhere on site that P&O staff ask you when your departure flights home is, so you get moved up the queue. I would think most passenger would be processed by 10.30am.

Yes this is a great site. Pity more passengers don't come here. I only stumbled on it by accident. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Kinka

Even if the ship is berthed at Pinkenba or somewhere else you shouldn't have a problem with a 1pm flight.

On our last cruise when Pinkenba was the norm, when we got off we had a choice of being bussed to Roma Street in the City or straight to the airport. We went to the airport and picked up our car hire. I think that we were in Ipswich (about 1 hour drive) by 10am, 11 at the latest as we arrived for morning tea.

There were only three colour groups to disembark after us this morning as we are local so are among the last to get off and we were off the ship and through customs and luggage by 9am. A very smooth process especially if you have nothing to declare eg. wooden items, shells, extra alcohol. Quite a number of people had packed items that showed up in the x-ray and had to have their bags checked by quarantine:rolleyes:

Archived