Sail Away party?

nzdisneymom

Up on the Lido deck, they do some dancing and partying, nothing too formal. Get your drink and join in, the cruise director staff will lead all willing in the electric slide and other dances, it varies based on the staff.

Sailaway is always fun, party or not. It's a party atmosphere, for sure. In the days of yore, there were BIG sailaway parties complete with comp drinks. Long gone, but still a fun and exciting time.:)

I can remember comp drinks, confetti, balloons, etc. All this a long time ago. Before the cruises in my signature.

Cruise lines got too cheap to give the comp drinks. And some government agency decided that the confetti and balloons polluted the water so they banned them.

I can remember comp drinks, confetti, balloons, etc. All this a long time ago. Before the cruises in my signature.

Cruise lines got too cheap to give the comp drinks. And some government agency decided that the confetti and balloons polluted the water so they banned them.

I remember the big sailaway party on the Love Boat (the old Pacific Princess) back in 1980. Even at a wee 16-years old, it was a total blast...especially with all those free drinks!!!! How things have changed!

Archived