Anyone been snorkeling in Antigua?

s_notes

I'll be in Antigua in November on the Norwegian Jewel. I've never been there before. Can anyone suggest a good snorkel charter or beach to see a shallow reef? I read that Cades Reef is good but haven't seen any reviews on snorkeling off of the beach anywhere. I prefer snorkeling off of the beach when time is limited but will jump on a boat with no complaints. Is anywhere in Antigua better than Coki Beach in St. Thomas for snorkelling?

I was trying to decide on whether to book a snorkeling excursion in Antigua or just stick to what we can do at the beaches. I ended up booking a 3 1/2 hour snorkeling excursion with NCL to North Sound, Antigua. I was hoping to see Cades Reef but the excursion changed from there to North Sound for some reason.

i was in Antigua last november (on the NCL Jewel) & we went snorkeling off a powerboat-type boat. Personally, I didn't think the snorkeling was that great (& i don't know where we were exactly)... But i think it might have been the weather that day. I didn't see many fish & it just wasn't all that exciting. We snorkeled in the bahamas & that was better... I have also snorkeling in grand cayman... all were better than my experience in Antigua.

Also, if you can buy/pack your own snorkel & mask, I would suggest doing that. Though it doesn't sound THAT bad at first, once you start to think about how many people have their face/mouth on the same equipment... ewwww.

Archived