Rental car at the Port of Miami

I am needing to rent a car a the Fort Lauderdale Airport and wish to drop it at the Port of Miami. Then would like to pick one up post cruise and drop it back at the airport. Has anyone done this and have any suggestions or know which agencies are at the port?

There are no car rental companies located at the port. Avis closed up two years ago. There is one or two companies with offices in downtown that will provide shuttles. There will be shuttles from all the companies at the pier.

I was checking on that very subject today. Hertz will let you rent in FLL and drop it off at the SE 1st st location. They will also provide a free shuttle to the pier or if none is available (weekends of course) they will reimburse you up to $15 for a cab. Sounds like a deal to me. We are thinking of renting 2 full size cars to save $. Only problem though is I think the hotels will charge about $18 to park overnight from Friday to Saturday so that will add $36 onto the rental price. Always something!

Good Luck

Archived