Luggage Tags

moosetracks17

I'd like to find out what people are using for luggage tags and where you got them.

Is there a great online store that customizes tags? Do you find the big neon plastic ones to be more useful than the nice leather ones?

If you have a picture or internet store link- please post it here!

I like to make my own. I use the computer to make up business cards personalized for each cruise. It is easy to import the graphics, etc. I put the travel ins. information on one side and my destination on the other. Then I laminate them. Very easy to do. Then I have my luggage tags made out for the return trip home with my home address. I even reduced the size of a sheet of business cards to make small luggage tags (1"x2") which I put on my pocketbook, camera case, carryon, etc. You can also print the cards on colored stock to make them stand out.

For our last cruise to the Panama Canal, I made luggage tags that would make our black suitcases stand out in the sea of black coming around the luggage carousel. I went to the Dollar Store and purchased a package of 4 plastic placemats with matching coasters. The design was a colourful cartoon cow - not many people will have that design, believe me! I hole-punched the coaster, wrote our name/address on the reverse side with a permanent Sharpie marker, and secured it to the luggage handle with a colour ful zip-tie. No problem identifying our luggage, and they're now ready for our next trip. Price $2 for the set of 4 placemats and coasters. Now I've got 4 placemats leftover that I'm using one at a time to put our cat food on at home.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Mont,

OK I can see how you do the printed paper and the laminating, but do you use the lanyard plastic "string" or whatever it's called to attach the laminated card to the suitcase? Or do you use something else? That was always my problem--how to attach a homemade tag. My husband printed out large labels with our flight & cruise ship & cabin number on our luggage when we did our first cruise. He put them on up near the handle. Nothing got lost but our brand new golf club travel bag got ripped.

-Jo

Mont,

OK I can see how you do the printed paper and the laminating, but do you use the lanyard plastic "string" or whatever it's called to attach the laminated card to the suitcase? Or do you use something else? That was always my problem--how to attach a homemade tag. My husband printed out large labels with our flight & cruise ship & cabin number on our luggage when we did our first cruise. He put them on up near the handle. Nothing got lost but our brand new golf club travel bag got ripped.

-Jo

I use the clear plastic loops that you loop through the hole in the tag first, then loop onto itself on the piece of luggage. I have never had any problem. The tag is flexible enough to bend slightly to make the second loop. Does that make sense? Otherwise, I have some extra luggage tag loops that look like a small belt that you thread through the hole on the tag and the luggage handle that I would be willing to share with you. Let me know your address and I will send you some.

katowers@iwon.com

I just went to the $1 store last night and bought this 4 pack of foam door knob hangers. They're bright blue, green, yellow, and purple. They each have a cool little foam decal of waves or a sun chair. On the back of them I wrote our name, address, and phone number. On the front of them I wrote our Cabin number. I'll have to take a pic but they really stand out and for 4 for $1- who couldnt ask for better. Now all I have to do is zip tie them to our luggage.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like to find out what people are using for luggage tags and where you got them.

Is there a great online store that customizes tags? Do you find the big neon plastic ones to be more useful than the nice leather ones?

If you have a picture or internet store link- please post it here!

Do not get leather tags. I had them on every piece of luggage plus the plastic advertisment ones. All of the leather ones were stolen. Our luggage had disapeared for 5 days! Thankgoodness we had the plastic ones on each one. We got those from the cruise shows.

:confused: I just use the luggage tags that the cruiselines send, as they tell you to do.

When sorting your luggage, wouldn't the porters and stewards have a hard time going through lots of homemade (or bought) tags - to find the ones you're suppose to have on there?

:confused: I just use the luggage tags that the cruiselines send, as they tell you to do.

When sorting your luggage, wouldn't the porters and stewards have a hard time going through lots of homemade (or bought) tags - to find the ones you're suppose to have on there?

I thought we were discussing the ID tags that are required by the airlines, not the cruise supplied tags. They don't have all the information on them that the airlines require. Besides, I don't put my cruise tags on until after my flight as they may get torn off.

Archived