to grumpy1

haras

Hi,

I was wondering if you (or anyone else) had a copy of your travelog in sequential order? I wanted to print out the entire thing and give it to my parents to read. I thought about printing out the whole thread but it's a lot of pages!

TIA,

Grumpy1, you're very popular on these boards! Since I have a feeling you didn't see my request of a few days ago, I'll add it here:

In your thread regarding your exploration of the Roman Empire, you noted that you might have some photos of Noordam's aft cabins. Could I trouble you to send those my way? We'll be in an aft cabin in February, and would love a sneak peek.

Many, many thanks!

Amy

acba@carrierallen.com

(This is what you get for posting such fantastic travelogs!)

I write my travelogue as a WordPad document and then copy and paste the latest section into the thread. I have the WordPad documents for the 2005 World Cruise, the London and Baltic cruise and the Roman Empire cruises. I don't have the entire threads with everyone's questions and comments. I also do not have the comments that I have added since the end of the cruises, since those were typed directly into the reply box. You will see a different font/type size on the copy and paste posts vs the direct entry posts.

If you go into your user CP and turn off the signatures and avatars, the posts are much more condensed and you can copy and paste the pages into a Word document, then print it out. Earlier versions of Word do not handle the copy/paste very well, but 2003 or later works very well.

YankeeCruiser... I apologize, I didn't see your question before. The pictures I have from Noordam are of an SA cabin, Port side, which show the interior of the cabin. The layout should be similar to the Cat S aft corner cabins. I have pictures of the exterior of the aft cabins that show fairly well the amount of overhang, and the size of the balconies. I'll try to get them upon Webshots in a day or two and I'll post back here when I do.

wow...nice cabin! Thanks for sharing. Does this catagory get suite amenities?
Yes. That cabin is an SA. Suite amenities apply to SA, SB, SC and PS cabins.

We thought it was pretty nice too! It was our first true suite... how can we ever go back to a lesser category?... Especially since HAL upgraded us to the same category on the Prinsendam just after that... Hmmm, ya think maybe there is a method to the upgrade fairy's madness? :D

Yes. That cabin is an SA. Suite amenities apply to SA, SB, SC and PS cabins.

We thought it was pretty nice too! It was our first true suite... how can we ever go back to a lesser category?... Especially since HAL upgraded us to the same category on the Prinsendam just after that... Hmmm, ya think maybe there is a method to the upgrade fairy's madness? :D

Yeah, suites are the crack cocaine of cruising. I'm afraid to try them because once I do, I could never 'settle' for a balcony. I'm like that with avocados too. I've never had one because I know that if I do, I will love it and want to eat them all the time. :cool:

Yeah, suites are the crack cocaine of cruising. I'm afraid to try them because once I do, I could never 'settle' for a balcony. I'm like that with avocados too. I've never had one because I know that if I do, I will love it and want to eat them all the time.

What a fantastic comparison. I agree - we were lucky to have a great suite once, and now we can't say no - no matter what the price!

Can't say the same for avocados - I don't care for them at all...

What a fantastic comparison. I agree - we were lucky to have a great suite once, and now we can't say no - no matter what the price!

Can't say the same for avocados - I don't care for them at all...

I can't afford the suites. Nor have I been lucky enough to be upgraded. We treated ourselves to an aft balcony on the stern for our last cruise. Now everytime I book, I spend hours and hours scourging around for a similar cabin. Can you imagine how I would be if I spent a week in a suite? I scare myself. ;)

Archived