Island Princess(long diary like review)

RhondaPerr

Were we on the same cruise...or perhaps sunshine follows you wherever you go :) I just watched our memories at Sea video and we had lots of rain! I am glad you had such good service in the diningroom, it makes a big difference in your overall cruise.. I agree with your comment about doing the land portion first...We were pooped by the time we got to the ship and enjoyed the two days at sea. We didn't have any bumpy nights other than the one night I mentioned after the show. I noticed they do the theme nights but no more entertainment except for the baked alaska thing. We noticed a big difference in things from our last cruise to this one but nothing that would prevent us from sailing Princess again. I have no idea where cruise #16 will be...we are thinking possibly The Med or Europe...depends on what is going on in the world...

Maybe it makes a difference on what your excursions are and when they were scheduled as well as how much time you spent outside the room on outside decks? None of our group remembers much more than a drizzle here and there, except for the day sitting at the dock after embarkation and one other time (hard but brief).

With dining room service. The first nite we did have not so great service when it was open seating. We had a waiter who barely talked to us and I wasn't aware of the open seating and thought about how it would be if we had her all week! Glad we got our other girl the next day! We had some really nice waiters in the AM and lunch, too.

Even w/ the Princess Lodges--we were in the oldest building--our room was fine for one night but others seemed to have had nicer rooms.

One member of our party wasn't happy w/ any of the entertainment--the rest of us thought it was pretty entertaining. The Vegas guy was entertaining but almost too "vegas" for me! Two others LOVED him! Just glad a cruise seems to have something for everyone--lots of things to do, plenty of time to do "nothing", a variety of food choices, etc! Makes going w/ a group much easier!

Cindi

There is always one gripper in the group...I mostly ignored him :) I thought the Tribute and the Broadway production shows were good, the other entertainment was a pleasant way to fill the evening :) Now home in warm weather dying to get into the pool and its a week forcasted of rain....I am surprised Northwest upgraded for that amount...Many of our group came from Michigan and that was not an option for them...

Archived