booking questions/Mariner magazine

LDinCT

Received my Mariner magazine saw a March Noordam sailing with a $450 off per person. Looked at price on the HAL site and it seems to be lower with my Mariner number and they are asking for a $1800 deposit, way more than 50%. Is this usual? RCI only asks for $750, so wasn't expecting it. My only other HAL cruise was under 45 days so I paid in full. The Mariner coupons don't say when they expire (that I can see), can I wait awhile to book? How long do the offers usually last? Checking with my TA to see what rates they have, but haven't heard back yet. Can they access the Mariner discounts? The online Agency didn't have anywhere to input them, so I didn't see discount online. Thanks.

LDinCT

That does seem like a steep deposit for a 10 day cruise -- I assume that you are taking one of the cruises out of NY.

If there is a particular cabin that you are interested in, I wouldn't wait too long to book the cruise or you may have very little choice.

Have never dealt with an on-line agency. Usually the offers are for a couple of months -- but remember that HAL can withdraw any offer, any time they feel like it.

I believe the fall Mariner discounts expire Oct 31st. Didn't it give you a promo number to use? My TA never had a problem with this, just called his HAL contact and gave them the promo. That deposit seems high for a 10 day cruise. I don't understand what you mean that you paid in full, if you're booked why are you asking. I must be dense or something.

GN

Archived