Cruising with a 2 Yr Old

potzie2

My wife and I are considering taking our 2 year old son on the Jewel. What things could we do as a family? We know we could put him in the children's program, but we'd like to do some things with him as it is a family vacation. He won't likely be toilet trained so I know that he can't go in the pool, but I know that some cruise lines/ships have splash pools that the kids are allowed in with swimmers, does the Jewel have anything like this?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cheers,

Potzie

I actually took my daughter on Jewel when she was 17 months old during the Christmas week. She had a good time on the ship and on the islands. So long as you plan our outtings with your child in mind, you all should have a good time. In our case we scheduled to be 2 to 3 hours away from the ship and usually in the mornings. We would return around noon or 1 PM and have a quick bite to eat before putting her down for her afternoon nap.

As for the pools, you can either let him play in the kiddie pool sans diaper and hope that he doesn't go in the pool or wait until you are in port and head to the beaches (with a swimming diaper). In our case we tried the kiddie pool once and the rest of the time went to the beaches.

I actually took my daughter on Jewel when she was 17 months old during the Christmas week. She had a good time on the ship and on the islands. So long as you plan our outtings with your child in mind, you all should have a good time. In our case we scheduled to be 2 to 3 hours away from the ship and usually in the mornings. We would return around noon or 1 PM and have a quick bite to eat before putting her down for her afternoon nap.

As for the pools, you can either let him play in the kiddie pool sans diaper and hope that he doesn't go in the pool or wait until you are in port and head to the beaches (with a swimming diaper). In our case we tried the kiddie pool once and the rest of the time went to the beaches.

Yuck! You've got to be kidding me!! If you do that, and something does happen, they will have to shut down the pool, drain and disinfect it. Do you want to chance that?

Archived