QE2 dres scode

cruisedude1212

Undertaking a 14 night cruise on QE2 could anybody fill us in on the dress code, out of 14 nights I expect 4 tuxedo nights but are jacket and ties likely to be required on all other nights?

Also anyone ever stayed in P1 cabin 2102, what was it like?

Love the website makes waiting for cruise all the more fun.

I looked on the QE2 deck plan to see how close or similar cabin 2102 was to the P cabins I've stayed in, and was surprised that 2102 was marked as a MO-outside single.

This on 3 sites, one of them being Cunard’s.

So now I'm puzzled.

Sounds like my deck plans are not current, although one was on the Cunard site.

My stays in P1 and Q4 [same cabin, different deck] were roomy. My only comment was there was adjorning doors which transmitted sound...but I was lucky...the sound was gleeful laughing.

As dress has changed so much since the introduction of the QM2, I'll just stay away from that topic.

This gentleman asked a reasonable question on dress and no one answered.

At least four of the frequent posters, busily defended their point of view, spent their time on other strings yelling that someone else was wrong about the dress on the QM2 4 day cruise. Not one of them has stepped up to the plate to help this poster.

Where’s all the knowledgeable advice?

Of course…it just seems that way to me.

Formal night for men:

Tuxedo, dark suit, military outfit, or Scottish Kilt outfit

Informal night:

Slacks, shoes, jacket and tie.

Casual night: [usually on cruises]

Slacks, shoes, button down shirt.

Women:

Formal night: evening gown or ankle length skirt

Informal night: cocktail dress or nice pants suit.

Casual night: [usually on cruises] any nice dress, pants suit, or ensemble

Seems,

since this info was given prior, and some were given less than a respectful response when trying to answer, why even bother. I did notice when the info was shown to be correct, saw no apology for the way some spoke to others.

The info was asked about attire and think it was answered.

Hey, the question had to do with the QE2, not the QM2.

And the question had to do with a med cruise.

And the question had to do with the number of nights which were formal, number informal etc.

But that's OK. You again got the last word.

Just returned from the Med. Vistas 14 day cruise,7/3-7/17. On this cruise there were 6 formal (tux or dark suit), 7 informal(suit or jacket & tie) and 1 casual elegant(sport coat ,open collar shirt). All formal nights were on days the QE2 was at sea. Informal, days we were in port. The 1 casual elegant day was on the day we were docked at port the longest(11PM). I would assume your cruise will be similar.

Does the formal dress code extend to all the restuarants? Being booked in an M cabin and their assigned restuarant, will I be the only one in a Tux on formal nights or is it (as I'm hoping) something to look forward to dressing formally wherever you eat??

Moo-Woo - Even in Mauritania and sailing in the Med I would doubt that you will be alone in following the dress code, though I have an impression that things probably are changing now that QE2 is UK based. The dress code applies throughout the ship for the whole evening, so any one with ideas of changing back into grunge after dinner is likely to be repremanded. Or not!!

David

Food on the QE2 was excellent! All restuarants had similar menus although in Queens,Princess & Britannia you could probably order just about anything off the menu you would want. Service in the Mauretania and Caronia is adequate. Wait staff try to take care of all your needs. Sometimes they are hampered by things out of their control. They work very hard to please you. I was told by passengers in the Queens Grill that service was great but could be pretentious at times. Entertainment varied. There were many good movies on TV and in the theater. Musically, The Hot Rhythm Orchestra was great, On as was a three piece classical group. There was harpist and piano player in the Chart Room and Crystal Bar. Both played nice easy listening music. For dancing the ship had Opus playing contemporary music and the Queens Room Dance Band played ballroom type dancing music in the Queens Room. In the Grand Lounge there were Las Vegas type shows. I did not view any myself, other passengers told me the shows were good. The bottom line is there is something for everyone on board. You just have to find it. In addition to these QE2 provided a lecturer who gave great commentaries on the destinations visited. Just my impressions, hope they are helpful to you.

Archived