where is QM2 11November

cruzadict

The QM2 will be in dry dock in Hamburg Germany to have the rebuilt propulsion pod fitted.

Just in case you didn't know............. it damaged one of the four pods that contain the electric motors that drive the propellors in early 2006 in Fort Lauderdale . Since that time it has been operating on only 3 pods with the fourth having been removed in dry dock in about June/July.

It has been rebuilt and will be fitted during the week in November to allow the QM2 to be 100% for its maiden round the world journey in 2007.

It is a credit to the designers that the ship has been able to operate succesfully for almost a whole year and meet its schedules while only having 75% power available............ the fact that most people haven't even noticed is further evidence of the design.

Just in case you didn't know............. it damaged one of the four pods that contain the electric motors that drive the propellors in early 2006 in Fort Lauderdale .

And despite all of the food I ate the two weeks previous, it was NOT my fault. I got off the ship two days BEFORE it happened!

(Hi Emu- How's my favorite upside down person- from down under. We're having a warm fall so far- I hope your spring is as nice!)

Karie,

who is feeling silly tonight!

Archived