Car Rental at Progresso

graymadeb

I have just rented a suburban from Executive Car Rental through St. Martin online for $120 which will seat 9. We have a local tour guide friend meeting us there to guide us Cruisin' Grannies to and around Chichen Itza.

Does anyone have any experience with Executive Car Rental at Progresso. Are they easy to find? Any local maps available of the progresso dock area, etc? Any problems experienced? I have a good comfort level with rental in the US, but no experience in Mexico.

Any advice or comments welcomed. Thanks for any help!

I've used Executive on Cozumel three times and was very satisfied. I'm sure they will have a map for you. There are some various maps in the visitors guide "Yucatantoday.com" and you can pick up the hard copy at the pier.

Wondering where you're planning to visit in the area?

Sorry, just noticed you are planning Chichen Itza. You might also consider Uxmal. To me, much more impressive, prettier and less crowded. However you cannot climb the 35 meter (about 87 ft) pyramid. Uxmal was developed in the seventh century. If you wish pics, email me. hdawson228@aol.com

I hear you cannot climb El Castillo at Chichen Itza anymore - since about May? I read somewhere that Presidents Bush and Fox were the last ones to climb it. Too bad! It would have been quite a challenge.

hdawson - any experience with the Executive rental office in Progresso? I just emailed you for your pictures - Thanks!

Archived