NCl DAWN! July 2007 - Kid fun & Friendly?

Hot4acruise

We were booked on the Crown for next August - but I got way too nervous about the size of the ship, as well as the age. We switched to the Dawn!! Can't wait. I see so many great reviews (very few negative) about this ship! My only question would be this... Would anyone share who has crusied on this ship with their kids? Ours will be 11 & 12 when we go. Just wondering if they will have lots to do (it will be July) and hoping there will be many other kids on the ship for them to make friends with. Please share if you have any stories!

Can't wait!!! :D

Thanks!

Erin ( & Family)

P.S - Mini Suites.... anyone? We're on the 11th deck - AF category 11066. Anyone know what they are like???

My experience has been: The first time we sailed on the Dawn there were over 900 kids on board. The second time we sailed there were about 800 kids on board. The first time was in August the second time in April. I sailed with my 3 kids and my 16 yo brother. They had so much fun we're doing it again this April. The activites for kids are almost endless.

There is so much to do there is no way to do everything. As a comparison we've also sailed on the Majesty twice. One time the weather was horrendous and my kids were actually bored. There is no way a kid (or a grown up) could be bored on the Dawn regardless of the weather. You made a great choice.

I have rarely read a complaint about the kids program on any NCL ship; yes, once I did read about a mommy that really wasn't terribly happy. She admitted her 4 year old loved it, but she didn't. I sorta felt like asking what is more important, your kid having fun or your opinion of the program. In fact, knowing me, I probably did say that? Not too long ago someone had concerns about their young child who is very smart and advanced being challenged enough? It's a vacation, not school. Other than that I have had cliants who have had kids in about every age bracket, all have had a blast including my granddaughter when she was about 10 or 11. She is 20 now. NMnita

My kids were 10 & 7 when we last cruised the Dawn & they love the kid's activities even more than the Disney ones.

We also had a mini-suite each time & it's perfect for a family of 4. You have a sitting area w/ a couch that opens to a bed & a curtain to draw at night for a bit of privacy. Nothing like sitting out on the balcony with a cocktail while the kids are in bed watching a first run movie.

The Dawn is a beautiful ship & the cafe is very convenient for a middle of the night snack. The shows are also very entertaining with a beautiful costumes & songs. Like others have said, there is always something to do!

This is all very exciting!! I have one other question..... Is the teen passport for the non-alcoholic drinks the card they would use to buy smoothies? My kids are not 13, so I'm wondering if they would still be able to have cards like this. Any idea??????

Thanks for all of the helpful info!!!!

Erin

Archived